Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed 367.15.10.15f01 -> just a minor release, no pascal support.
Again, NVIDIA seems to do major releases every two months, so the next major release must be now in November.

Installed 367.15.10.15f01 -> just a minor release, no pascal support.
Again, NVIDIA seems to do major releases every two months, so the next major release must be now in November.
Let's hope so. Anyway, I'd prefer to move to Sierra when it's more stable, so the lack of Pascal drivers is helping me to be wise about the time for updating. BTW, the only thing that makes me believe that there will be Pascal drivers at some point are the NVIDIA Mac-related job offerings. If it wasn't for those jobs, I'd suspect they're abandoning the Mac. But they aren't, so Pascal support could come.

I think the biggest sign that Pascal drivers will come are CUDA 8.0 drivers for 10.11 and 10.12 (and they directly mention Pascal support)

Someone should send an email saying they can't get the CUDA drivers to work with their cards (play dumb and ask for an ETA).
"I'm sorry sir, my collection of preformulated answers doesn't cover your request. I wish you a good day."

I contacted nVidia live support chat tonight - they said they couldn't release dates or information about future releases. That's just standard consumer support, so YMMV.

Don't want to sound negative, but I am feeling a bit like it at this stage - maybe the job ads were for people who had already left, and there's a huge gap in their Mac driver team?
I think I did read somewhere that they had indeed reduced the Mac drivers team. However, if they planned to abandon the Mac, they wouldn't be hiring Mac developers, IMHO.

So I built myself a ninja pc with GTX1080 and all that for VR but I'd like to get a hackintosh on it ( I have a current macbook air for work and and older one in the house) but want to replace my ageing 2008 imac!

How do I get a secondary GPU working on it?

So I built myself a ninja pc with GTX1080 and all that for VR but I'd like to get a hackintosh on it ( I have a current macbook air for work and and older one in the house) but want to replace my ageing 2008 imac!

How do I get a secondary GPU working on it?

Just plug it in. Mines works with a 7850 currently, also had a 5770 before. Works great in 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back