Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirming the displayport/DVI switching works. I couldn't wait any longer, bought 1070. DP cable plugged into 1070, DVI to MB. iGPU set to primary in bios. Both cables plugged into same monitor. Works like a charm. I just have to switch monitor inputs when switching win/osx, not that big of a deal, my monitor has shortcut for switching inputs. 1070 in windows works with without problems even with HDMI TV and Vive (displayport) plugged in, just had to disable igpu and windows detected the monitor twice which caused problems with Origin, had to disable one of them.

The Quadro series works on a Hackintosh?

The Quadro series works on a Hackintosh?
No official Quadro (with Pascal architecture!) for OSX yet.

I think the next possible date for pascal driver release is either Oct 24 or 27, when Apple releases new Macbooks together with 10.12.1 (fingers crossed)

I've managed to get the iGPU working but it's unusable as far as I'm concerned
Out of interest, what would you use a heavy-duty GPU for on a music workstation? I've got Ableton and Reason with a few fairly lightweight plugins, and both of those only seem to tax the CPU. I honestly couldn't tell that I'm using the iGPU in OS X at the moment (I don't do video editing or anything like that).

HD 530 for Skylake board is awefull its laggy its has artefact on the upper left side well its not supported by MacOS hope those drivers came this month am done waiting !

HD 530 for Skylake board is awefull its laggy its has artefact on the upper left side well its not supported by MacOS hope those drivers came this month am done waiting !
I'm having the same issues. Even when fully accelerated. Did not have that issue before on El Capitan, even more desperate for those drivers now.

Not sure if this is true or a false positive, but a MR user says he found .plists with references to Pascal GPUs in the latest 10.12.1 beta.

He also mentions Half-Life 3, which is a byword for "not gonna happen".

It's a joke.
Oops! It's obvious I'm not into gaming :oops: (I didn't read that comment, and, even if I had, I've never played HL3, so I wouldn't have got the joke anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back