Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
(and also to see Clover menu to select Windows--but I assume you can do a blind select and boot into windows--i havent tried)

You can indeed do it blind. I just hit 'w' to boot into Windows.

Gnaaaa, can't wait guys !!! Nvidia, please, speed up

Just talking about switching the cables from iGPU to nVidia card. Nothing else.

The best workflow is to set your iGPU as primary and follow the procedure in previous posts. I spent days agonizing over this and trying to figure out the easiest possible way to alleviate the lack of WebDrivers and this is the best I could come up with.

My new Hackintosh is almost finished, but I couldn't get a workflow as simple as yours: I have two HDMI cables in my monitor, one connected to the Titan and another connected to the IGFX. If I boot Windows with the IGFX and then switch to the Titan, I get an empty desktop where neither the mouse nor keyboard work. Only the IGFX desktop is functional if I boot with the IGFX. So, when booting Windows or Linux I enter first the BIOS and set the default graphics to "PCIe slot 1" and the IGFX as "auto". When booting OSX I enter THE BIOS again and set them to "IGFX" and "Enabled" respectively.

I wrote the Win+Linux vs OS X boot procedures in a paper and it looks like a checklist for takeoff :( But at least it works :)

My new Hackintosh is almost finished, but I couldn't get a workflow as simple as yours: I have two HDMI cables in my monitor, one connected to the Titan and another connected to the IGFX. If I boot Windows with the IGFX and then switch to the Titan, I get an empty desktop where neither the mouse nor keyboard work. Only the IGFX desktop is functional if I boot with the IGFX. So, when booting Windows or Linux I enter first the BIOS and set the default graphics to "PCIe slot 1" and the IGFX as "auto". When booting OSX I enter THE BIOS again and set them to "IGFX" and "Enabled" respectively.

I wrote the Win+Linux vs OS X boot procedures in a paper and it looks like a checklist for takeoff :( But at least it works :)

Can you try DisplayPort instead?

A long shot perhaps, but if your setup is similar to mine (and it sounds very much like it) then Windows might be rendering a two-monitor desktop on a single screen. The Titan could be showing the 'empty' left or right half of the desktop.

If you set everything back to IGFX in the bios and boot Windows, then right click on the iGPU desktop, does it show two displays? If so click 'identify' to display a number showing which is which, and then under 'multiple displays' select 'show only on 1/2' as appropriate. That did the job for me, anyway.

Why are people going offtopic and discussing Intel iGPU in this Nvidia 1070/1080 thread?

I think because people want to use the GTX1080 in their Hackintosh under Windows....and have the ability to also use OS X with iGPU.

Seems alright to me since there are no webdrivers yet.

I ended up building a Skylake build with a 1060 Gigabyte, and using a 5770 with it, just in the mean time. OS X boots great using Displayport and HDMI and I just place the 1060 screen where its hard to accidentally move the mouse to. I dual boot to Windows 10 and have Windows disable the 5770. I simply switch inputs on my Dell Display to see my boot screen and to use Windows. So far it works good

It's comming soon.
Speculations or knowledge?

Edit:
I'd really like to remove my Linux installation that I had to set up only for deep learning purposes :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back