Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manged to get iGPU working for OS X but after a reboot it would not show my Bios screen or boot selection on startup which is annoying. For the short term fix I might just add another monitor to use as the main screen in OS X then use my normal monitor as an additional one.

I manged to get iGPU working for OS X but after a reboot it would not show my Bios screen or boot selection on startup which is annoying. For the short term fix I might just add another monitor to use as the main screen in OS X then use my normal monitor as an additional one.

Did you set iGPU as primary device in BIOS? This is important.

Yeah I set it as the primary, it was working perfect but it was after a reboot problems started. Not sure why.

You can customize your .plist to set the correct resolution for Clover menu (I set mine to 2560x1440). The iGPU will show the menu correctly without a stretch.
Now that is a tidy Clover screen. I've tried editing the plist manually and by using Clover Configurator but mine still has the recovery partition and five unwanted Windows volumes, plus it's stuck in low res.

We are halfway into August and still no signs of Pascal support :clap:
On the plus side I've finally got a video card that lights up through the side of the PC case. Always wanted one of those - I just hope the glow doesn't alert my wife as to what I've done...

Also, Just Cause 3 at 60 fps. Yay!

Just out of curiosity...I don't really care about using a new pascal card for display purposes. I can keep using my 970 in OS X. My main question is, can I plug in a 1080/Titan XP for other purposes (compute)?

Let's say I keep the 970 in the primary x16 PCIe slot, and put the 1080/Titan in the x8 slot. Would it be possible for me to send CUDA instructions to the 1080?

I could boot in to Linux...I am probably the only machine learning guy on the planet who primarily uses OS X lol

@Nigthsd No you are not xD but i think you need display drivers in order to use cuda! This means CUDA uses the nvidia drivers to communicate with the card. I want those drivers so badly :/

^^ Even I couldn't figure how to hide the unwanted partitions in clover.

We are halfway into August and still no signs of Pascal support :clap:

They should just provide some preliminary support with some acceleration man!! Teh wait is killin' moi

I hid my unwanted partitions via a simple google search. I think I found the answers on this forum.

I only have Windows, OS X and Recovery HD showing up for me (before it was a bunch). It's super clean.

I finally got rid of most of the unwanted volumes by changing this entry in the plist:
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>First</string>
to this:
<key>Legacy</key>
<false/>

This leaves only the Recovery HD. Also, it's stuck in permanent low res. Still, it's better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back