Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with a Nvidia representative using this chat http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
After I asked if the gtx 1080 Web Drivers where currently available, he replayed that they weren't currently available. However when I asked him if he could confirm that the drivers were in development he replied with this:

"The GTX 1080 is not officially supported with MAC OS, but there would be drivers which support Pascal cards on MAC in the near future."

So it seems he has confirmed that the Web Drivers are at least in development.

Really? So all Pascal will be supported, I do not think only the GTX 1080, right?

This weekend I installed a GTX 1070 into my 4k Hackintosh which I dual boot OS X and Windows 10. For Windows 10 it is working fine but in OS X I am only getting low resolution and weird refresh on screen as already discussed in this thread.

I still have my old GTX 660 which I tried to use both cards at the same time and just switch the DisplayPort cable around but it only sees this as an additional monitor and when trying to use the mirror screen option I only get low resolution which isn't really usable.

The motherboard I am using is a "Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H" which has onboard graphics, is there a way I can use this if I get the right driver for it? at the same time of keeping the GTX 1070 in there and take out the GTX 660?

Hopefully a temp fix until the 1070 is supported in some way, or if anyone can think of another way I can keep my GTX 1070 in the computer still and still use OS X?

Thanks

This weekend I installed a GTX 1070 into my 4k Hackintosh which I dual boot OS X and Windows 10. For Windows 10 it is working fine but in OS X I am only getting low resolution and weird refresh on screen as already discussed in this thread.

I still have my old GTX 660 which I tried to use both cards at the same time and just switch the DisplayPort cable around but it only sees this as an additional monitor and when trying to use the mirror screen option I only get low resolution which isn't really usable.

The motherboard I am using is a "Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H" which has onboard graphics, is there a way I can use this if I get the right driver for it? at the same time of keeping the GTX 1070 in there and take out the GTX 660?

Hopefully a temp fix until the 1070 is supported in some way, or if anyone can think of another way I can keep my GTX 1070 in the computer still and still use OS X?

Thanks
Install drivers for iGPU and use those for now as there are currently no drivers

Thanks for the info, would the driver I need be on Multibeast or would I need to find a specific kext for my processor ? Thanks

Against my better judgement I just bought a 1080. After spending the last five hours trying to sort it out, I wish I hadn't bothered.

1. Windows 10 didn't recognise it. This was because the Windows updater had consistently failed to update for the last 8 or 9 months, and the drivers for the Pascal cards won't install on outdated Windows 10. Much googling of hexadecimal error codes led me to the inevitable conclusion, and I had to format the drive and reinstall the whole thing. Horrible, horrible OS.

2. The fresh Windows install broke my bootloader - Mac loads fine, Windows just resets the PC. So I can only boot to Windows by hitting F12 and choosing some new option called Windows boot manager from the list.

3. I can't get the Mac to use the iGPU. It stalls at the same point during startup. So I guess there's a driver or some other settings to mess with.

4. I can't get both the 1080 and my old 670 working at the same time, as there doesn't seem to be an option to default to a specific PCI card in the BIOS (Gigabyte Z77).

5. So I have had to unplug the shiny new 1080, which is now a hugely overpriced paperweight, and revert to the 670.

In short, don't bother with the Pascal cards unless you really enjoy hours of restarting, tweaking, reinstalling and failure. That was not much fun.

Fl0r!an - I tried to use it but the picture it displayed on screen using HDMI was broken up and unusable . I thought it might be because I needed to install a driver ? . Do you think it would make a difference using DVI or VGA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back