Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving up as well and putting my 1080 on ebay (of course this means drivers will be released this week :crazy:)

What is the best supported card(s) I can get right now (single or sli)

The latest version ( 6.23.1417) HWmonitor.app , FAKESMC.kext and plugins
is speaking about "GPUSensors: Initial Pascal support"

http://www.hwsensors...s.6.23.1417.pkg

· CPUSensors: Support for more Skylake models

· Feature GPUSensors: Initial Pascal support

· Feature HWMonitor: Use monospaced font in status bar (Thanks to MrMage for suggestion)

· Bug Fix Fixed installer issues

The author, Natan ZALKIN
took the information from Linux/FREEBSD drivers ??

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/commit/51937f7234c8e20c037326f7c4afe8ded5a10489

Do not take pascal support in a sensor package using info from a linux driver as any sort of ray of hope that the linux drivers can be adapted to OSX. Sensors are entirely different thing unrelated to the actual graphics drivers.

OK, after 3+ months of waiting I think I'm tired of waiting. Can someone tell me what a good Maxwell equivalent would be to a GTX1060 w/6GB would be? It's a real drag because this card just rocks under Windows 10 and meets my #1 requirement of being pretty much totally silent, even under load. Whatever the card would be I'd like it to have at least 1, preferably 2 displayports as I've been wanting to go to a 4k work environment. I'm not into gaming but will occasionally play something, it doesn't necessarily have to be 4k, I'm happy to game in 1080p.

Over the last week I've actually considered going back to Windows just for graphics support but I'm just not willing to invest the time into the move over.

Cheers

OK, after 3+ months of waiting I think I'm tired of waiting. Can someone tell me what a good Maxwell equivalent would be to a GTX1060 w/6GB would be? It's a real drag because this card just rocks under Windows 10 and meets my #1 requirement of being pretty much totally silent, even under load. Whatever the card would be I'd like it to have at least 1, preferably 2 displayports as I've been wanting to go to a 4k work environment. I'm not into gaming but will occasionally play something, it doesn't necessarily have to be 4k, I'm happy to game in 1080p.

Over the last week I've actually considered going back to Windows just for graphics support but I'm just not willing to invest the time into the move over.

Cheers
That will be 980

Currently performance wise
980=480=1060 6G
980ti=Fury X=1070

That will be 980

Currently performance wise
980=480=1060 6G
980ti=Fury X=1070

ThAnk you, I was afraid of that! The 980's are so expensive compared to my 1060 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back