Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you emo boys just ditch MacOS without ranting and crying like a bunch of sissies? No one likes Apple's attitude now, but some can take an uncomfortable situation and carry on and some other just pollute forum pages with their threats of ditching the OS. Ditch it and make space, just do it.

Harden up mate, I am not crying, I am just saying that enough waiting is enough. Obviously Apple want to stick with inferior GPU's from ATI and it doesn't suit the sort of work I do. Unfortunately if my hack goes back to Windows (as much as I hate Windows) so does the rest of my hardware as I can't split my work between them. Apple are heading downhill in a big way compared to 6 years ago.

Still betting on the release of 10.12.2, which BTW should be in December, for the release of pascal web drivers. I don't know why took Nvidia so long to release them, but they'll eventually be there in just a few weeks. For all of you who are thinking to sell their 10x0 graphics card, I would wait for the release of 10.12.2, hopefully then we will get the drivers.
Still fourth beta today. I thought we were going to see the release this week, but I don't know if it's my impatience or if they're taking more time for this next update.

I just bought my EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid to go with my 770. I hope that they get out of the beta quick so that I can ditch the 770 all together.

Pascal support has been in the Cuda drivers for a while now, unfortunately we still don't have web driver support yet.

when I follow this it keeps prompting this message when I try to install (package manifest parsing error ) .... any help ?

I just spoke with a support team:
"-And what is point of CUDA 8 which support 1070 on mac, when i can't even use it?
- please provide me the link wherein it says CUDA 8 driver for Mac for Pascal GPUs
-[...]
-correct, but it does not specifies pascal GPUs support on Mac . Its for NVIDIA GPUs which are Mac supported."
There is no pascal driver for mac. :/

Apologies for dropping this question here somewhere randomly, but it seems the most appropriate existing thread: what exactly does "web driver" mean? I can't seem to find anything on Nvidia's website or other sources to explain it. I understand it's the driver we're waiting for to get Pascal working, but whats the "web" in "web driver"? It's not a mac driver?

GTX 780ti in my hackintosh has just died.. So 980ti or 1080, that is the question.. I believe in Nvidia, so 1080 and a bit of patience is the answer for me. No no Microsoft, you won't get me this time!

Just to add, I'm more interested in deep learning with Tensorflow. I'm already running mint Linux with a Mac-like theme. I have a 1080 on it's way and will likely move over to linux on all systems (5.1 Pro included) till supported. For what it's worth, these z170 systems work remarkably better under linux than MacOS. If only Linux didn't have such poor UI integration with apps.

It's ironic how the little stuff in MacOS is so much better it makes running linux slightly quirky. Hard to describe.

Apologies for dropping this question here somewhere randomly, but it seems the most appropriate existing thread: what exactly does "web driver" mean? I can't seem to find anything on Nvidia's website or other sources to explain it. I understand it's the driver we're waiting for to get Pascal working, but whats the "web" in "web driver"? It's not a mac driver?

It just means it's a custom driver from nVidia and off their "website".

ie., it's not built into macOS, which is how it goes usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back