Contribute
Register

[solved] Not booting: Clevo P750DM-G Skylake i7-6700K / Intel Z170 - nvidia 980M 4K display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Do you have a working WIFI connection? What module do you have (Intel 8260 or Killer 1535)? How is the rest working so far? I'm interested in buying a P751DM-G (with Intel I7 6700 and NVidia GTX970M).

Did you solve this issue? Is there a driver for either of them, or did you remove the wifi card and installed a new one that is compatible? Thanks!

Did you solve this issue? Is there a driver for either of them, or did you remove the wifi card and installed a new one that is compatible? Thanks!

I don't have a Clevo P750DM-G, but plan on buying one (or a P650) in the future and that's why I asked about the wifi to know if it is worth investing in the Killer, or not. So far, I found that only Broadcom BCM94352Z is compatible with Clevo and has working drivers, but it seems hard to find.

Thanks for your reply! A little bit pricey, but they have one at amazon ... look for BCM94352Z ... if it can avoid lots and lots of headaches, for sure I'll buy one. Apparently neither the bigfoot or the intel newer cards that are offered with the clevo work with osx, and there is the issue of the whitelist of which cards the clevo bios will allow you to install. I don't mind messing around with BIOS settings, but I don't want to start hacking the bios ...

Thanks for your reply! A little bit pricey, but they have one at amazon ... look for BCM94352Z ... if it can avoid lots and lots of headaches, for sure I'll buy one. Apparently neither the bigfoot or the intel newer cards that are offered with the clevo work with osx, and there is the issue of the whitelist of which cards the clevo bios will allow you to install. I don't mind messing around with BIOS settings, but I don't want to start hacking the bios ...

BCM94352Z is the only current NGFF card compatible with OS X.

BIOS whitelist issues are system specific. You'll find out when you install the hardware.

Hey is the gurhub repo/plist on the OP updated with the post issue fixes? What issues are outstanding on this -- I have my p750dm-g on order to arrive next week and am prepping as much as I can before it arrives. Thanks man!

Hi :O)
I want to know if someone use the P750DM-G (Bios 1.05.09, EC 1.05.04) with Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2657)
And have a working Thunderbolt ?
I set the Bios with the correct setting : Not Unique-ID, but Legacy. Perhaps something special is needed.
I set the bios like the Post5 :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ache-or-cannot-allocate-runtime-error.193292/

I try all the solution for the 980M but i can't obtain a fully working one. (FuLL HD, No acceleration)
With latest Web driver and without nv_disable=1 i have some garbage on screen.
Try AGDPFix 1.3, no result.

Hope someone Can Help ;op

No one ?

PS: Finally got working after the latest release of nVidia Web Driver for the 10.12.1 BUT 16b2657 build.
The latest non working device is Thunderbolt (I have, of course, the latest NVM firmware V16).

Last edited:
BCM94352Z is the only current NGFF card compatible with OS X.

BIOS whitelist issues are system specific. You'll find out when you install the hardware.
Brother , I am having similar laptop(p775dm3) with skylake i7 6700k and intel z170 and gtx 1080.
Me too facing the same issue as faced by this thread owner. I created bootable usb with unibeast and added OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi via clover bootloader(tried latest version and rehabman version)and copied HFSPlus.efi downloaded from this website.
I have used updated versions of above efi and FakeSMC( from you) .I also tried using AptioMemoryFix.efi (used this with and without OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi ) still the error is same.
At first I used default config.plist then tried a couple of config.plist available from http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x-13.html
Then I tried this thread owners config.plist ( not the one with error,the fixed one ) but the result is same.
Please help me
dfde829c-7d6c-4e94-a361-f5d86907eaa5-jpeg.316892

Brother , I am having similar laptop(p775dm3) with skylake i7 6700k and intel z170 and gtx 1080.
Me too facing the same issue as faced by this thread owner. I created bootable usb with unibeast and added OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi via clover bootloader(tried latest version and rehabman version)and copied HFSPlus.efi downloaded from this website.
I have used updated versions of above efi and FakeSMC( from you) .I also tried using AptioMemoryFix.efi (used this with and without OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi ) still the error is same.
At first I used default config.plist then tried a couple of config.plist available from http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x-13.html
Then I tried this thread owners config.plist ( not the one with error,the fixed one ) but the result is same.
Please help me
dfde829c-7d6c-4e94-a361-f5d86907eaa5-jpeg.316892
you only use one OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (not all of them together)

unibeast is for desktops

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you get stuck and need some help then upload your "Problem Reporting" files.

List of files required can be found from the FAQ link above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back