Contribute
Register

[Solved] No network connection after running MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix GD30CI
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello,

When I initially installed Sierra, I had Ethernet network connectivity. However, after I run MutliBeast, I’m no longer able to make a connection. I’ve tried every network option in MB, but still not having any luck :(

Can someone please offer some advice? Thanks!

Can someone please offer some advice? Thanks!
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

6C8A157E-C1B3-4B25-B9AA-D65527A4F0AD.jpeg
Hi

I gave that a try but it doesn’t appear to have helped. I’m still not seeing any connection options.

Any other suggestions?

image.jpg
This is what I saw in the terminal in case that helps at all.

Any thoughts on what I can do to undo whatever MB did to break my network connection?

I’ve been looking through the forums and haven’t found anything.

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

When you say put the kext on my desktop, did you mean the zip file or one of the multiple files or folders within the zip archive?

When you say put the kext on my desktop, did you mean the zip file or one of the multiple files or folders within the zip archive?
from your kextcache output, you don't seem to have an ethernet kext listed

extract the zip file and run kextbeast to install it, reboot, and then run:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

then reboot again

It is totally unambiguous, kext means kext not zip.

image.jpg
from your kextcache output, you don't seem to have an ethernet kext listed

extract the zip file and run kextbeast to install it, reboot, and then run:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

then reboot again

I extracted the zip to my desktop (see screen shot), followed the instructions, but no change. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back