Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first Hackintosh build.
  • Gigabyte H370M DS3H mATX
  • i5-8400
  • WD Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 SSD
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB
  • Radeon RX 580
Overall, it went pretty smoothly. Most everything is working great. But I am having what appears to be a common issue where shutdown leads to rebooting and waking from sleep sometime leads to rebooting. I have explored the forums extensively and found a few potential solutions which did not work for me.

-I looked in Library/Preferences for com.apple.powermanagement files and there weren't any to delete.
-I deleted AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and replaced it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and then OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

I also found something about setting sleep=0 in Clover boot config(?) but I haven't seen how to do that. I'm wading through tons of posts and having trouble finding info that I need. I would really appreciate any instruction or at least being pointed in the right direction. I attached my CLOVER file, it it's helpful.

Update: Just needed to install Clover bootloader + NVRAM emulator and select Fix Shutdown in Clover configs (see below).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Can anyone point me towards some helpful information concerning how to address this problem?

When I try to Hackintool or KextUtility, I get this error: (OSStatus error 99999.)

Any ideas on how to fix that problem too?

Just in case anyone actually reads this thread....

I got Hackintool and KextUtility to work somehow and updated Clover, which kinda broke my system (endless reboot loop). So I booted through old Clover (4920) from my boot USB and reinstalled my previous Clover version (4934) this time using the one with the NVRAM emulator. That and selecting Fix Shutdown in Clover configs seemed to fix the sleep and shutdown issues. I'll update Clover after I learn more about how all this works.

It’s not that people DON’T read the threads. It’s just if they don’t have an immediate solution what is there to offer?

My best initial advice is for you to find other build threads, preferably golden builds, utilising your motherboard and start there as a reference point AND also a place to refer questions of your issues particularly if someone else had the same issue.

All the best with your hack.

@Westsurf Sorry, I didn't mean to be whiny. I just felt a little silly that I was the only one posting in my own thread. I had used the search function to find lots of threads before asking, but I guess I just hadn't found the right ones. It takes a long time to sift through posts that may or may not be useful. So your advice to start with the golden builds is super helpful, I'll definitely do that moving forward. The good news is that everything seems to be working great right now and that I have read so many threads that I feel much more confident in my ability to fix things as they come up. This site really is a great resource!

Hello, I just picked up the Gigabyte H370M DS3H Motherboard to use with the i5 8400. I plan on using the 630 UHD iGPU for graphics. I was looking at this thread from the user Builds "[Success] Gigabyte H370M DS3H + i5-8400 | Mojave 10.4.2"

...which has a clover folder attached.

But they use the F10 Bios and my MB has the F12 bios. So we will see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back