Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] macOS Sierra Installation stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo BIOS, there is no SuperIO to disable.

I guess the OP has a Windows Disk or partition somewhere. If it is a separate Windows Disk, it is better to physically disconnect that disk while Sierra is being installed for a much smoother installation. The current image of boot screen does not seem to show it is "frozen" but might be pausing; waiting a while longer may not be a bad idea. HDD LED might give a clue to the progress or lack there of, to decide if the system is arrested at this line of text on screen.

GA-P61A-D3 does have that option - See page 32 of the manual :

View attachment 237726

I don't think that it will cure the problem but enabled ports have been seen to cause problems in Sierra albeit mainly with 100 series boards. In any case the chances are that it won't be required in macOS anyway so it is best to eliminate it from the equation.

I tried disabling the SuperIO from my BIOS.
The problem still persists.

I always get this:
Code:
iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.149) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.filesystems.ntfs triggered rebuild

Anyway, I tried to let the installer going on for 1 hour or more after having that code. Nothing happened. After one hour it was still stucked there.

Last edited:
These are my suggestions at this time:
  • Upload the config.plist from your USB installer as a text file.
  • Disconnect all the SATA HDD's from your MoBO except the target HDD for Sierra System disk under Electrostatic precautions.
  • Reset CMOS
  • Reconnect the Power and Restart the PC.
  • Load Optimized Default BIOS and reboot
  • Enter BIOS setup after pressing the hot key
  • Enter correct Year, Month Date and Time for your time zone and all the required BIOS options for OS X installation including disabling SuperIO.
  • Save the BIOS option and reboot (F10>ENTER>Enter)
  • In Clover Boot Manager screen >Options>Boot Args:- -v kext-dev-mode =0 dart=0 [ add Appropriate NVIDIA flag if that is your Video card.]
  • Select macOS Installer USB and Enter
  • Post any Screen shot that shows problem
Good luck

These are my suggestions at this time:
  • Upload the config.plist from your USB installer as a text file.
  • Disconnect all the SATA HDD's from your MoBO except the target HDD for Sierra System disk under Electrostatic precautions.
  • Reset CMOS
  • Reconnect the Power and Restart the PC.
  • Load Optimized Default BIOS and reboot
  • Enter BIOS setup after pressing the hot key
  • Enter correct Year, Month Date and Time for your time zone and all the required BIOS options for OS X installation including disabling SuperIO.
  • Save the BIOS option and reboot (F10>ENTER>Enter)
  • In Clover Boot Manager screen >Options>Boot Args:- -v kext-dev-mode =0 dart=0 [ add Appropriate NVIDIA flag if that is your Video card.]
  • Select macOS Installer USB and Enter
  • Post any Screen shot that shows problem
Good luck
Here is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 283
Your config plist Graphics section shows the following
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>
Please try rebooting after editing and saving your CLOVER>config.plist >Graphics Section > NVIDIA from <true/> to <false/>
because your boot flags among other items also say nv_disable=1

I tried. I also unplugging the SSD with Windows 10.
Now I get this code
Code:
NTFS volume name TOSHIBA EXT, version 3.1 .
NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk17s1, pid 463): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): $LogFile is not clean. Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in WIndows.

I tried unplugging the HDD (I have no OS installed on this HDD) too.
Restarting:
Code:
NTFS volume name TOSHIBA EXT, version 3.1 .
NTFS-fs warning (device /dev/disk16s1, pid 458): ntfs_system_inodes_get(): $LogFile is not clean. Will not be able to remount read-write. Mount in WIndows.

Anytime you unplug the hard disk , unless you clear CMOS and /or load Optimized Default BIOS , the settings previously saved in the CMOS can still be loaded.

After clearing CMOS and loading Default BIOS and then from a clean slate make changes needed to boot Clover UEFI Sierra Installer USB disk as the first boot device. Then try rebooting Sierra USB Installer.

Anytime you unplug the hard disk , unless you clear CMOS and /or load Optimized Default BIOS , the settings previously saved in the CMOS can still be loaded.

After clearing CMOS and loading Default BIOS and then from a clean slate make changes needed to boot Clover UEFI Sierra Installer USB disk as the first boot device. Then try rebooting Sierra USB Installer.
What do I have to do to clean the CMOS?

What do I have to do to clean the CMOS?

See attached image for a schematic of your MoBO with CMOS jumper pins marked.
To clear CMOS follow the steps below:
  • Shut down PC
  • Remove Power Cable from the Socket at the PSU on the Computer case
  • Push On/Off button to discharge any residual current on the MoBO.
  • With the tip of a flat-head screw driver, touch the CMOS pins (straddle the pins) for 10-20 seconds to shunt and cut off the Power from the CMOS coin battery to the CMOS part of BIOS Memory to clear any stored data created earlier.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 6.32.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 6.32.33 AM.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 248
See attached image for a schematic of your MoBO with CMOS jumper pins marked.
To clear CMOS follow the steps below:
  • Shut down PC
  • Remove Power Cable from the Socket at the PSU on the Computer case
  • Push On/Off button to discharge any residual current on the MoBO.
  • With the tip of a flat-head screw driver, touch the CMOS pins (straddle the pins) for 10-20 seconds to shunt and cut off the Power from the CMOS coin battery to the CMOS part of BIOS Memory to clear any stored data created earlier.

Nothing changed, I always get this error:
Code:
iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.149) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back