Contribute
Register

[Solved] macOS Sierra could not be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say you took the X module out try to put it back in and take out the Z module that you left before in. See if it works this way. Also, perhaps you need to place the single module in a specific slot? Anyway keep in mind that this "solution" that worked in my case as well as few others isn't a panacea :!:

Well, I got it to work.

I still don't know if I absolutely needed the 8 gig RAM module. When I connected it to my mobo, nothing changed. but then I also tried a 4th USB stick, one that was a separate design (built by a different company, etc), and that did it. I don't know if it was the USB stick or the RAM module but either way it worked!

thanks for all your help!

Having the same problem.. But my install is actually a single 8gig stick....

Dont have any other ram to play around with the configuration of the ram but planned on upgrading to 16g anyways and can do it now if it will actually let me boot...

Any thoughts?

Perhaps buying another RAM module will get you out of this mess (if of course your troubles are based on the RAM issues too). Good luck.

Did just that and works just fine. So happy with this thing

This Solved my issue but I just want someone to explain me why
Thanks for this life saving post

This Solved my issue but I just want someone to explain me why
Thanks for this life saving post

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, being honest and all that, if it wasn't for my cluelessness regarding macOS/hackintosh I would have tried to remove/change the modules way earlier on than I did.

It was a copy files operation at the moment that things weren't progressing which is mostly memory/drive related. So it was either the SSD/USB or the RAM or all of these things. I already had tried the USB sticks and SSDs so it was only the RAM left.

Now, if you want to know why a RAM module can be in general the source of such troubles and lots more you can read countless articles online and some of them can be quite technical. Good hunting!

Hey guys, just leaving a note here since I had the same error:
For me it was not the RAM: the error was resolved when using a different USB stick (and a USB 2.0 slot)

Hey all,

Glad to see some people here found an answer to their problems. I tried the solutions listed here; but still have no luck installing Sierra.

I am also having trouble with High Sierra and El Capitan; El Capitan gives me the

An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

error. I thought I'd try other OS variants. I'm getting the "macOS could not be installed on your computer" which could be a modernized version of the "Essentials.pkg" error; which suggests to me this is a drive or RAM issue.

So far I've tried removing all RAM modules except one of my 8GB modules, tried using a different 4GB RAM module installed in DDR RAM Slot 1, 4GB in size. I've tried different USB ports, redownloading OS files and reinstalling on different USB thumbdrives using Unibeast, I've also tried using different SATA ports for the SSD; but no luck so far. Seems to be a stubborn problem; I've never had a problem after many years with hackintoshes and am upgrading from Yosemite.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Hopefully I'll get a solution and can add here.

Hey all,

Glad to see some people here found an answer to their problems. I tried the solutions listed here; but still have no luck installing Sierra.

I am also having trouble with High Sierra and El Capitan; El Capitan gives me the

An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

error. I thought I'd try other OS variants. I'm getting the "macOS could not be installed on your computer" which could be a modernized version of the "Essentials.pkg" error; which suggests to me this is a drive or RAM issue.

So far I've tried removing all RAM modules except one of my 8GB modules, tried using a different 4GB RAM module installed in DDR RAM Slot 1, 4GB in size. I've tried different USB ports, redownloading OS files and reinstalling on different USB thumbdrives using Unibeast, I've also tried using different SATA ports for the SSD; but no luck so far. Seems to be a stubborn problem; I've never had a problem after many years with hackintoshes and am upgrading from Yosemite.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Hopefully I'll get a solution and can add here.

Hey!
Did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same and am looking for stuff that I haven't tried yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back