Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Using this guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ and also here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7x-ud5h-i7-3770k-gt-640-x2-os-x-10-11.176067/ after quite of failed tries, I still have the same problem.

macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the 'D' key until diagnostics begins. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

It gives this message 99% of the time on 11%. I think one time it went way up but I don't remember the %. *EDIT* by % I really mean minutes! Its minutes not %. Basically its near the start of the installation. I will attach an image as well.

I tried 3 different 16 GB USB sticks. Re-downloaded macOS Sierra again and again even from different iCloud accounts. Tried UniBeast with both UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode. Tried other options inside BIOS. Removed/unplugged everything from the computer except mainboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Did this and that. Problem still remains.

I love my CustoMac and would like to make this Sierra thing work. Any ideas? Please help me. Many thanks in advance.

My CustoMac is basically a GigaByte Z77X-UD5H F14 based with an i7 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB, Samsung SSD 840 PRO 250 GB.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 1,101
Last edited:
Using this guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ and also here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7x-ud5h-i7-3770k-gt-640-x2-os-x-10-11.176067/ after quite of failed tries, I still have the same problem.

macOS could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac hardware, shut down, press the power button, and immediately hold the 'D' key until diagnostics begins. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

It gives this message 99% of the time on 11%. I think one time it went way up but I don't remember the %. *EDIT* by % I really mean minutes! Its minutes not %. Basically its near the start of the installation. I will attach an image as well.

I tried 3 different 16 GB USB sticks. Re-downloaded macOS Sierra again and again even from different iCloud accounts. Tried UniBeast with both UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode. Tried other options inside BIOS. Removed/unplugged everything from the computer except mainboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Did this and that. Problem still remains.

I love my CustoMac and would like to make this Sierra thing work. Any ideas? Please help me. Many thanks in advance.

My CustoMac is basically a GigaByte Z77X-UD5H F14 based with an i7 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB, Samsung SSD 840 PRO 250 GB.

Let me start by giving you some good news to you at this time of your intense frustration with a failing macOS Sierra installation:

• I have a system similar to your's with slight difference[GA-Z77X-UP5-TH F-10b +Intel i7-3770+ AMD Radeon 7xxxx] that runs macOS Sierra +Windows 10+ Ubuntu Studio without problem. This must reassure you that your hardware are OK for this latest MAC
  • Your macOS Sierra USB Installer can boot and reach the Installation Screen and start the installation Process according to your description and the small bit of uploaded image. This means all your installer creation steps, choice of BIOS options , selection of Clover Boot Flags etc, are perfect for installation including the choice of a single Hard disk and single USB disk to avoid confusion at the installation screen.
Now why you could not succeed?

I guess something went wrong at the Disk utility usage.

• Re-evaluate your Partition and Formatting steps with the Disk Utility:

• Did you by any chance NOT select the Partition format of GUID Partition Map and instead choose Master Boot Record or Apple Partition Map?
    • Did you by any chance overlook the correct Format option of Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and choose ms dos FAT?
  • I believe you will have a different story to tell if you re-check those steps and take time to assure yourself the right options are chosen.
Good luck.

PS. If the above steps fail, consider using a different HDD , 'blaming' the Samsung SSD for the failure

Last edited:
Let me start by giving you some good news to you at this time of your intense frustration with a failing macOS Sierra installation:

• I have a system similar to your's with slight difference[GA-Z77X-UP5-TH F-10b +Intel i7-3770+ AMD Radeon 7xxxx] that runs macOS Sierra +Windows 10+ Ubuntu Studio without problem. This must reassure you that your hardware are OK for this latest MAC
  • Your macOS Sierra USB Installer can boot and reach the Installation Screen and start the installation Process according to your description and the small bit of uploaded image. This means all your installer creation steps, choice of BIOS options , selection of Clover Boot Flags etc, are perfect for installation including the choice of a single Hard disk and single USB disk to avoid confusion at the installation screen.
Now why you could not succeed?

I guess something went wrong at the Disk utility usage.

• Re-evaluate your Partition and Formatting steps with the Disk Utility:

• Did you by any chance NOT select the Partition format of GUID Partition Map and instead choose Master Boot Record or Apple Partition Map?
    • Did you by any chance overlook the correct Format option of Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and choose ms dos FAT?
  • I believe you will have a different story to tell if you re-check those steps and take time to assure yourself the right options are chosen.
Good luck.

PS. If the above steps fail, consider using a different HDD , 'blaming' the Samsung SSD for the failure

I did everything "by the book" (those links that I gave on my original post) and multiple times as well. I even tried formatting the USB sticks and even the SSD under Windows 10, macOS Sierra and Yosemite using either their respectful "disk utilities" or their respectful "terminal" commands always aiming for OS X Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition Map.

I think I will try moving from another SSD EVO its content to SSD PRO and try to install Sierra on the EVO instead.

Meanwhile I would love to hear more ideas. Once again thank you in advance!

I can think of 2 hardware that can make the installer throw that error at us at this early stage.
  1. The target hard disk to which the files are to be ultimately installed
  2. The RAM to which the files are first copied to from the USB Installer
I assumed you had another running system from a different HDD prior to the current Sierra installation and therefore 'exonerated' your RAM modules; may be a little too 'prematurely'.

I can think of 2 hardware that can make the installer throw that error at us at this early stage.
  1. The target hard disk to which the files are to be ultimately installed
  2. The RAM to which the files are first copied to from the USB Installer
I assumed you had another running system from a different HDD prior to the current Sierra installation and therefore 'exonerated' your RAM modules; may be a little too 'prematurely'.

The system before this "new" procedure was running the previous version of OS X just fine. And that's exactly what its maddening to me. After what you said earlier on, I used instead of my previous Samsung 840 PRO, another Samsung 840 EVO that I had. Same end results. Stuck at 11 minutes early on the procedure. As for RAM I can't try that because I don't have other modules available.

Unless someone else will "lightbulb" the situation I will have to "restore" even though I would love to go the Sierra route :(

Worst case scenario I will always have the iMac and MacBook Air with Sierra.

Thank you for posting back. So, it was after all one 8GB RAM module that created such a BIG road block for your installation! I knew from the beginning your MoBO & CPU should work. With your detailed post, I could narrow it down to HDD or RAM but considered HDD as a more probable culprit and I was wrong in that assumption.

Did you check the 'recognized' amount of RAM on the Apple>About This Mac> applet or System Report Hardware Memory of your current Sierra System?

Thank you for posting back. So, it was after all one 8GB RAM module that created such a BIG road block for your installation! I knew from the beginning your MoBO & CPU should work. With your detailed post, I could narrow it down to HDD or RAM but considered HDD as a more probable culprit and I was wrong in that assumption.

Did you check the 'recognized' amount of RAM on the Apple>About This Mac> applet or System Report Hardware Memory of your current Sierra System?

I have attached GeekBench 4 System Information and results as well as the BlackMagic SSD results. Dunno how good or bad they are but here they are anyways.

GeekBench CPU
GeekBench GPU

BM.png GB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back