1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
I've had no problems with my machine and the install, but I went to boot it up this morning and I can not. It's been working fine - and I updated to 10.13.5 yesterday, booted into MacOS - zero problems. Rebooted a couple of times yesterday - again, no problems. Today I went to boot and I get my Clover Boot manager but none of my partitions are there. Since I get the partition manager, I rule out that my SSD is the problem (I think?)

I'm really confused. Any idea where I should start?

TIA

If you had upgraded Clover then there is a chance that VBoxHfs-64.efi is missing.
Check that you have VBoxHfs-64.efi or HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (either one but not both).
If you use APFS then you need apfs.efi too.

Thanks P1LGRIM - since I can only boot to the Boot Manager, how do I install it from there
Restore your backup.
Or
You could boot from a USB installer or connect the drive to another Hack or Mac.

Update:I decided to re-install, and I can't even proceed. I tried using a install USB stick I just created using the newest Unibeast tool. According to the tool it was successful in creating the boot USB stick. But when I try to boot to it, I get the Apple logo and the progress bar, but only about three pixels of the progress appear. Progress never progresses. So I though ok, maybe my USB stick is bad...so I tried another one. Same thing. I even tried different USB ports. I am stumped :(

Update:I decided to re-install, and I can't even proceed. I tried using a install USB stick I just created using the newest Unibeast tool. According to the tool it was successful in creating the boot USB stick. But when I try to boot to it, I get the Apple logo and the progress bar, but only about three pixels of the progress appear. Progress never progresses. So I though ok, maybe my USB stick is bad...so I tried another one. Same thing. I even tried different USB ports. I am stumped
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Attached are two screens shots.

The first one (XX83) was from a stick I made earlier today.
The second one (XX84) was from a different USB stick that I made about 10 mins ago.

I am not using cheap USB sticks FWIW

Edit: Built a 3rd USB stick. Got stuck at the same place as XX84.

Attachments

• IMG_2683.jpg
    IMG_2683.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Attached are two screens shots.

The first one (XX83) was from a stick I made earlier today.
The second one (XX84) was from a different USB stick that I made about 10 mins ago.
What happened earlier is of no consequence, all that matters is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back