Contribute
Register

[solved] "macOS could not be installed on your computer" Error on fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried all those options. When I use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi I can't get into the installer, it shows a forbidden sign in place of the apple logo.

Probably a USB issue. Must try all USB ports. Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive (as written in the guide).

I downloaded the macOS installer from the Mac App Store using another hackintosh install which I have in another HDD. It is Yosemite 10.10.3, and it is the same hardware. But I had to follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/ in order to obtain the complete installer.

Re-download full installer with up-to-date Yosemite.

Probably a USB issue. Must try all USB ports
By trying all USB ports, do you mean on the USB installer creation or on the installation itself?

Make sure you're using a USB2 flash drive (as written in the guide).
Yes, I'm using a USB2 flash drive. I even tried creating the installer using another SSD as secondary drive and booting from there. Same result.

Re-download full installer with up-to-date Yosemite.
I don't want to risk damaging my other hackintosh installation by updating it. I know that it could get some kernel panic problems. I think what I will do is borrow an actual MacBook and create the installer from there and try with it.

Also I want to test by using an HDD as a target disk as @harmeet said and see if the process can be completed with it.

By trying all USB ports, do you mean on the USB installer creation or on the installation itself?

When booting the installer from USB.
It is possible/quite likely that some ports work, others don't.
Full USB port configuration is a post-install task (see FAQ for links).

I don't want to risk damaging my other hackintosh installation by updating it.

If your setup is correct, you should be able to run latest Yosemite.

When booting the installer from USB.
It is possible/quite likely that some ports work, others don't.
I tried with all USB ports. Same result.

If your setup is correct, you should be able to run latest Yosemite.
I was able to update my other hackintosh installation to Yosemite 10.10.5. But when I try to download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store I get only the 22.8MB installer.

I tried with all USB ports. Same result.

Read FAQ for USB guides:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I was able to update my other hackintosh installation to Yosemite 10.10.5. But when I try to download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store I get only the 22.8MB installer.

Make sure all patches are applied. Make sure Clover is up-to-date. Make sure you're letting most of the settings in config.plist/SMBIOS to Clover defaults.

I was able to download the full installer using this guide: http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/
and with this I created the USB installer again. I was able to go through the whole installation without any problem. Now to post-installation.

@RehabMan Thank you for your help! I know that the process of downloading the macOS installer is not part of your guide, but I think it would be good if you include some advice of avoiding recreating the full installer with this guide as I did. So that others don't fall into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back