CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX GeForce 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to upgrade my wife's hackintosh to Sierra, never bothered hers with anything after Maverick simply because the changes never affected anything she did. However, we now need to get her up to Sierra for a couple of reasons.

Upgraded to the latest Clover Install that her machine would take (v 2.4), installed and rebooted. That part went fine.

Ran EFI Mounter v3, discovered that there was an EFI file, but no Clover, kexts, other folders within. Created new folders with those names, downloaded the FakeSMC and placed within the "Other" folder.

Ran Sierra Installation program and got the Apple logo with the progress bar, that part seemed to go well, then I got stuck on white screen of death. Any suggestions? (Should I upgrade to El Capitan first using thumbdrive method?)

Specs:

MB: GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU: i5-3470K
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX GeForce 650

I did direct upgraded from Maverick to Sierra without any problem. I don't think you need to El Captian first.

If you have not done so try to boot off a Unibeast key, which has its own Clover, and see if you can install but mind the flags.
It is not clear why you did what you did with regard to Clover as if your system booted with Clover it was there whether you looked in the right place or not.
There is no need to bother with El Capitan--Sierra is a far better option.
If you have a clone of your updated Clover booting Maverick installation you might want to restore it and start over with the update but do not change anything first except the system definition (per instructions on this web site).
If you do not have a clone you may want to clone a working system before major changes going forward, as the instructions on this site suggest, for your exact circumstances.
Unless you have DRMed programs in Mavericks that can not be reactivated you might be best off starting with a fresh installation of Sierra with Unibeast.
As the instructions here indicate the system definition has to be what it has to be, a caveat for a Maverick system, for the straight update to work.
The system you have I believe is the Xenon variant of Sandy Bridge, I leave it to you to research any specific requirements for that chipset.
I would not a priori make any changes to the EFI partition, Clover or configp unless following the instructions for your motherboard and Xenon CPU it is mandatory or the installation repeatedly fails. Ditto for the nVidia driver.
If you have done certain things to the partitions that the Apple utilities can not fix that are preventing installation you have to wipe the drive in Windows with diskpart /clean.

Success! Did the whole Unibeast/Multibeast, and it works (so far)! Thank you for your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back