Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm trying to install OS X (10.11.6) on my sister's old PC but I'm getting a kernel panic when trying to boot from the installer. At first I thought it was because the monitor is using a VGA connection, so I tried connecting it to the TV via HDMI to confirm that the kernel panic is caused by the VGA connection but I still get a kernel panic. I've also tried troubleshooting based on what I've read on this website but I don't understand some of them. I'm attaching a photo of the kernel panic, I home someone here can help me determine what causes it. Thanks!

Specs:
Inter Pentium G630 2.70GHz
Asus P8H61 -M LX3 PLUS r2.0
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
4GB RAM

IMG_3109.JPG

I home someone here can help me determine what causes it.

The answer is, you caused it.
The KP is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.
Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.
Restart and boot without caches.

The answer is, you caused it.

Hahaha!

The KP is because you used a MacPro5,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.
Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.
Restart and boot without caches.

I didn't do anything. The MacPro5,1 sysdef is the default. Anyway, thanks! No more kernel panic now.

How to remove it? Sorry but I am new to hackintosh stuff....
And how to boot without caches....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back