Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel Panic: Clover (Sleep states s3 s4 s5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-7
CPU
Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[FIXED]

Hey guys,

So I have been running Yosemite for about a year now, and I decided to format my other 250gb SSD I had and install El Capitan on it to make the switch, however I've ran into an issue I can't seem to fix (note: I'm no expert :lolno:).

My Specs:
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU - i5 4670K
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 8GB X2
SSD's -
Yosemite - 120GB Samsung 840 Evo
El Capitan - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo
HDD's -
Yosemite Data - 3TB WD
Blank HDD - 1TB WD

Ok, so my problem is a Kernel Panic as stated by the subject, basically I got everything set up following the tonymacx86 installation process with Clover, it went perfect and I got it booting on the SSD without relying on the USB, I was testing stuff and had imported my data from my Yosemite HDD (Apps) to my El Capitan drive via Migration Assist, then I went to uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus as it seemed to stop working when I imported it over from Yosemite drive, and then went to Spotify to test the audio and then it happened! The audio started glitching in and out for 2 seconds and then all of a sudden - black screen, restart! It went through auto boot (as I set up as primary in BIOS) and it just keeps auto rebooting now, shows the apple logo for a couple seconds, now heres the data:

Multibeast Config:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
Drivers > Network > Atheros > Atheros E2200Ethernet v2.0.1
Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mereac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

Screenshots (Files to large to embed h

IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg

I've tried boot flags such as -v, -x, ncpi=0x2000 or ncpi=0x3000, nv_disable=1 but I get the kernel panic every time.

On every screen I noticed the sleep state s3 s4 s5 just before the kernel panic kicked in.
I tried booting from USB again however it seems to take forever to load (apple logo and loading bar) and on one try it got to a gray screen with an infinite loading beach ball, on another attempt it went to a gray screen with intallation (select language) setup however it was glitched as the select language was cut out in the bottom left corner only showing part of it (very weird!).

I looked through multibeast again but there doesn't seem to be much to edit as there used to be when using Chimera.

Any help is appreciated as I need to change over to my 250gb SSD asap and would prefer to be upgraded!
Thanks!

Kernel Panic: Clover (Sleep states s3 s4 s5)

You could try booting without caches (space bar from the Clover menu) in case it's a bad cache causing the problem.

I would also make sure you still have SIP disabled with the RtVariables in config.plist on the device you're booting from.

For that matter, I would use the BIOS hotkey to select a boot device and manually select UEFI:YourElCapDrive to make sure it's not booting from the wrong place to begin with.

I had this and eventually solved it by going into recovery and using terminal to delete EvOreboor.kext. So if you have migrated or used time machine backup since installing this might be a potential solution.

Thanks for your help guys,

I managed to fix it by restarting the process but using Clover Configurator and El Capital Post-Install tools which worked perfectly and seems to allow more customisation, then I went to multibeast to add the Audio driver, everything else seemed to work without much messing around!

I had this and eventually solved it by going into recovery and using terminal to delete EvOreboor.kext. So if you have migrated or used time machine backup since installing this might be a potential solution.

I have excatly this problem, but no matter what I tried I can not boot (not even in recovery)
It restarts at sleep states...
So I can not use terminal to delete the kext.
I can access the volume through my yosemite installation though.
But I can't find the kext files through spotlight there.
Is there any other solution other than terminal?

Solved:
Had to make all files visible.
Removed ev0reboot and now it works!

Hi Guys. So I just updated my Yosemite to El Capitain. (I know....)
And I'm running into the same problem with the Kernel Panic after sleep state.
I tried going into the terminal but it keeps saying that there's no such directory.
My drive is names untitled. So it should be

Cd/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions

right?

Also tried this from another post where people say they solved the problem but to no avail...

touch /Volumes/OS\ X/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -Boot -U /

But I tried several different ways to get into the system Library but it keep saying no such file or directory or no such command. Any Help would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to delete the EvOreboot.kext to see if that gets me out of the reboot loop.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back