Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 1060 SC Gaming
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have Sierra up and running on my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mobo. i7 6700k. EVGA GeForce 1060. However, I am running into issues with Chrome and Spotify. These are two vital pieces of my everyday workflow, so I'd like to get them working. When I open the Spotify app I simply see a black screen, nothing ever loads up. In google chrome, I can access websites, but they are choppy and my mouse lags significantly when I roll it across the browse--none of my browsers are capable of loading certain videos either (twitch.tv)?

Any assistance or recommendations would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much :)

@psych107, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Any assistance or recommendations would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much :)
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Gigabyte 100/200 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

Gigabyte 100/200 series motherboards need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts)
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link
Thanks for the recommendations. Tried all of these to no avail. However, I didn't see nv_disable=1 in my config.plist file so there was nothing to remove. Everything else is as you recommended. For a better example of what is going on here, I have included screenshots of Spotify, and Google Chrome.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.53.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.53.46 AM.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.54.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.54.15 AM.png
    232 KB · Views: 129
I also noticed when I log in to macOS (I installed 10.12) a horizontal portion of the screen is grey. The grey portion expands and contracts on my display until I successfully log in. Guessing this is a related issue as well? Thanks.

An update on this. I upgraded to 10.12.5 and everything works perfectly so far! Thanks again for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back