Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7537
CPU
i7 4510U
Graphics
HD 4400, GeForce 750M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm not able to get full QE-CI. Everything lags and flickers. Currently on Dell Inspiron 7537 Haswell. Can someone help me with this?

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.4

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 14 20-08-17.png
    Screenshot at May 14 20-08-17.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 545
  • Screenshot at May 14 23-46-03.png
    Screenshot at May 14 23-46-03.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 499
I'm not able to get full QE-CI. Everything lags and flickers. Currently on Dell Inspiron 7537 Haswell. Can someone help me with this?

try updating your version of clover

Does your laptop have switchable graphics? I have dell precision and it has that. You will probably have to pick either, just the nvidia card (which looks like you need to do some work for that card) or just the intel igpu.

Your' bios probably only lets you turn the intel gpu on or off not the nvidia card (its poopy like that :C), but Rehabman helped me with this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/
Follow that to make a ssdt-discreatespoof.aml file for you clover ACPI pacthed folder. This will disable the nvidia card. Or you can go the other route and disable the igpu and try to just make the Nvidia card work. My system has a i7 6820hq and an AMD gpu. I can get the system working with just the igpu or just the amd gpu with full acceleration; so unless nvidia is different it should be manageable.

With the intel graphics what ig-platform-id are you using?
And for the Nvidia did you install the web drivers? I really don't know much about the 750M. My desktop uses has a GTX 1080 and it needed the web drivers to get full acceleration. Not sure if thats the same for you case; but you can clearly see from your system report that the nvidia isn't set up correctly.

With your current set-up you can see both gpus but it wont be able to use the nvidia card while igpu is enabled. So thats what I meant by you have to pick or choice what you want to use.

ig-platform-id is 0x0a260006.
I tried NVDIA web drivers and also checked the web drivers options in config.plist under system parameters. However, no change.
Yes, you are definitely right about the `only 1 needs to be enabled at a time`. However, there isn't an option in my Inspiron to do that. I guess, I'll try the Rehabman link that you've provided.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that. I'll read the guide now. Actually, it's little tuff to implement I guess.

ig-platform-id is 0x0a260006.
I tried NVDIA web drivers and also checked the web drivers options in config.plist under system parameters. However, no change.
Yes, you are definitely right about the `only 1 needs to be enabled at a time`. However, there isn't an option in my Inspiron to do that. I guess, I'll try the Rehabman link that you've provided.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that. I'll read the guide now. Actually, it's little tuff to implement I guess.
Yeah this issue kick my butt for awhile haha, I couldn't even get the OS to boot due to having a capeverde gpu (amd). In your bios you don't have a "Video" tab, then "switchable graphics"? Interesting, yeah I guess discreatespoof.aml is your best bet for now.

Oh also did you install the emulate vram? Sometimes systems don't have it, and the enable web drivers wont stick without it

No,
Yeah this issue kick my butt for awhile haha, I couldn't even get the OS to boot due to having a capeverde gpu (amd). In your bios you don't have a "Video" tab, then "switchable graphics"? Interesting, yeah I guess discreatespoof.aml is your best bet for now.

Oh also did you install the emulate vram? Sometimes systems don't have it, and the enable web drivers wont stick without it
No, My BIOS does not have that option. Reading about Rehabman's method now.:ugeek:

No,

No, My BIOS does not have that option. Reading about Rehabman's method now.:ugeek:
Very low chance that your ACPI paths are the same but here is my SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml for an exmaple.

Attachments

• SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml
    171 bytes · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back