Contribute
Register

[solved] Intel HD 5500 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop: LENOVO Nano 5B6 || Computer: ACER Aspire XC-605
CPU
Laptop: Intel Core i3 5020U (Broadwell, 2.2GHz) || Computer: Intel Core i5 4440 (Haswell, 3.2GHz)
Graphics
Laptop: Intel HD Graphics 5500 || Computer: NVIDIA GT 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys!
I really have a big problem with my Intel HD5500...

I'm using the config.plist from Rehabman and made a Boot stick using his Laptop guide. I enabled the minstolen patch from the config.plist but everytime I boot the installer I get a kernel panic, if I delete the ig.platform.id the installer boots without any problem. After installing macOS Sierra I can boot into the System and it works (with the ig.platform.id and the patch enabled) But the Graphics are somehow "laggy" (when login or using the launchpad) and in the System informations it shows "Intel HD Graphics 5500 4MB"

I would like to set the DVMT prealloc size in the BIOS correctly but Lenovo locked my bios :mad: (efi shell doesn't work..)

I hope someone can help me with my problem... Thanks :)

Hello guys!
I really have a big problem with my Intel HD5500...

I'm using the config.plist from Rehabman and made a Boot stick using his Laptop guide. I enabled the minstolen patch from the config.plist but everytime I boot the installer I get a kernel panic, if I delete the ig.platform.id the installer boots without any problem. After installing macOS Sierra I can boot into the System and it works (with the ig.platform.id and the patch enabled) But the Graphics are somehow "laggy" (when login or using the launchpad) and in the System informations it shows "Intel HD Graphics 5500 4MB"

I would like to set the DVMT prealloc size in the BIOS correctly but Lenovo locked my bios :mad: (efi shell doesn't work..)

I hope someone can help me with my problem... Thanks :)

Use an invalid ig-platform-id 0x12345678 to run the installer.
After installing, also use invalid ig-platform-id. Then rebuild cache (as per FAQ), then reboot with minStolenSize patch enabled.

Thank you very much!! That worked for me :)

Can you show me where to find the guide?
Im using an i3-5005u with the intel HD5500 series and sadly i cant get it to work on sierra, it was all working fine on ELCapitain but unless i uncheck inject intel , i'm not able to boot anymore it will end in kernel panik at intel***kext

Can you show me where to find the guide?
Im using an i3-5005u with the intel HD5500 series and sadly i cant get it to work on sierra, it was all working fine on ELCapitain but unless i uncheck inject intel , i'm not able to boot anymore it will end in kernel panik at intel***kext
Hey did you installed sierra? Can you help me with installing mac os?

Hey did you installed sierra? Can you help me with installing mac os?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back