Dell Optiplex 7010
CPU
Intel Core i5 3550 Ivy Bridge (Q77)
Graphics
Builtin Intel HD 2500 Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello dear all!

I already installed os x sierra on my pc. my pc configuration is Dell Optiplex 7010, Processor Core i5 3550, 8gb ram, asus geforce 210 graphics card, using dvi to vga converter.
Sierra is Working fine on my pc. also my graphics card was automatically detected using injectnVidia in clover configurator and showing full 1024mb ram but Screen resolution is 1280x1024 i want to get at least 1366x768.

1- Can i install El Capitan with dual boot configuration on the same HDD because i do not want to delete os x Sierra.
2- Does El Capitan will give me full accelration on above mentioned specs. because on some forum i read that asus Geforce 210 is no more supported by os x and this card is supported until El Capitan.

Please give some advice on how to do that and how can i achive high resolution on these specs.
any help will be appriciated.
thanks in advance.

Hello dear all!

I already installed os x sierra on my pc. my pc configuration is Dell Optiplex 7010, Processor Core i5 3550, 8gb ram, asus geforce 210 graphics card, using dvi to vga converter.
Sierra is Working fine on my pc. also my graphics card was automatically detected using injectnVidia in clover configurator and showing full 1024mb ram but Screen resolution is 1280x1024 i want to get at least 1366x768.

1- Can i install El Capitan with dual boot configuration on the same HDD because i do not want to delete os x Sierra.
2- Does El Capitan will give me full accelration on above mentioned specs. because on some forum i read that asus Geforce 210 is no more supported by os x and this card is supported until El Capitan.

Please give some advice on how to do that and how can i achive high resolution on these specs.
thanks in advance.
Yes, you can install install OS X El Capitan on the same drive.
I think your card should work when it´s supported until El Capitan...

Yes, you can install install OS X El Capitan on the same drive.
I think your card should work when it´s supported until El Capitan...

Please can you point to some guide or tutorial on how to install dual os x on hackintosh. (Sierra alreay installed want to install El Capitan on another partition on same drive).

Please can you point to some guide or tutorial on how to install dual os x on hackintosh. (Sierra alreay installed want to install El Capitan on another partition on same drive).
Just format the partition as HFS+ and install OS X El Capitan. Clover use the same configuration for all systems...

Just format the partition as HFS+ and install OS X El Capitan. Clover use the same configuration for all systems...
Thanks I will try and then inform about results ..........

Thanks dear. I got it. Now dual booting Sierra and El Capitain. Resolution problem also solved in both OS Xs.
The Actual problem regarding resolution was that, I was using DVI to VGA converter and was only getting 1280x1024. there is already VGA port on my Asus Geforce 210 card. on some place before installing SIERRA I read that VGA output is no longer supported by SIERRA so due to that i used that DVI to VGA converter but when just for testing purpose after installing El Capitain, I plugged my Dell LCD to that VGA port directly without that converter (because my LCD Monitor do not have DVI port) . Wow now getting 1366x768 in both OS Xs which is much better than before.
Thank you very much again. I am happy with this resolution.

Thanks dear. I got it. Now dual booting Sierra and El Capitain. Resolution problem also solved in both OS Xs.
The Actual problem regarding resolution was that, I was using DVI to VGA converter and was only getting 1280x1024. there is already VGA port on my Asus Geforce 210 card. on some place before installing SIERRA I read that VGA output is no longer supported by SIERRA so due to that i used that DVI to VGA converter but when just for testing purpose after installing El Capitain, I plugged my Dell LCD to that VGA port directly without that converter (because my LCD Monitor do not have DVI port) . Wow now getting 1366x768 in both OS Xs which is much better than before.
Thank you very much again. I am happy with this resolution.
Great!
Mark the thread as solved.

Hello dear all!

thanks in advance.
Please help me on how you were able to install Sierra. I am stuck on macOS X El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back