Contribute
Register

[Solved] Install stuck on Apple Logo Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
Thank you, but it just failed at another spot. So like Edison, I have learned another item that does not work.
Most of the time this error is caused by abuse/overuse of config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Suggest you zip your entire /EFI folder and attach it.

Looking at the attached config.plist, it is very strange and I don't know how it got that way. Enclosed is my latest attempt and results.
Thanks

IMG_0102.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
Looking at the attached config.plist, it is very strange and I don't know how it got that way. Enclosed is my latest attempt and results.
Thanks

View attachment 257478
in your \EFI\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI too 'overcrowded' with many unwanted items. The cause of the current Kernel Panic is "OsxAptioFixDev-64.efi"

Remove "OsxAptioFixDev-64.efi" and save the config.plist after that editing and reboot and check. See attached edited image of your config.plist>drivers64UEFI

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI-toomany unwanted items.png
    drivers64UEFI-toomany unwanted items.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 84
The boot kept crashing at FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, so I removed all the FakeSMC kext except FakeSMC.kext

Greetings,

After spending much time on the "Stuck on Boot Screen" thread I succeeded in installing MacOS 10.12.6 beta (mainly because I cannot access an earlier version of Sierra.) However I have a new issue where I am running MacOS after installation but it fails after using MultiBeast. It does fail, it is just that I have not gotten around to reinstalling the OS, again, and try shutting down and rebooting. After MultiBeast the config.plist file in EFI is reset to some initial condition and it won't even boot. By resetting the flags, ect., I can get it to start booting until it crashes. The last attempt show a long list of errors in verbose mode, ending with the screen snapshot enclosed. Also enclosed are a copy of the EFI folder and a separate Config.plist file.

My system consist of :
GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz

Thanks

P.S. Is there a means of tricking the Nvidia web driver to install by fooling it into thinking I have an earlier version of Sierra?
IMG_0106.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 66
  • config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Hello,
I am still stuck with an error: AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated:

There are several variants with either an endless stream or halting. I have found very little information about this error and what to do with it.

IMG_0107.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • config.plist
    17.3 KB · Views: 237
I can get it to start but it fails at the point seen in the screen snapshot.
Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

So far that appears to have done the trick. Is there an area where I can upload EFI folder, config.plist and /Library/Extensions for my peculiar configuration to spare another person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back