Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Install OS X on GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install OS X on GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard

Whilst the Ethernet now works, it's not all happiness and joy :banghead:
I installed your kext and DHCP works too, LOVERLY. :D

For some reason display was stuck on 1280x800 and it was the only available option, voodooHDA.kext fixed that and now I get 1920x1080 native display.

Still, no sound. The only device in System Preferences-->Sound-->Output is Digital Out, four times. In System Profiler it shows "Intel High definition Audio" Audio ID: 889

Also, what REALLY bothers me is I get the "Press the Power button etc..." jazz in five languages more than 50% of the time. It seems, if I boot from the iBoot-Supported CD it's more likely to work than if I boot from the Hard disk. Once it booted into OS X it seems quite stable. Since the BIOS setup was changed to AHCI it's almost impossible to get into the BIOS setup with the Del key, even if I hold it down from switch-on.
All-in-all, partial success. I am learning a lot about the Mac, thanks to the forums, but it is hard going after Windows. Thanks for your patience.

georgeba said:
Whilst the Ethernet now works, it's not all happiness and joy :banghead:
I installed your kext and DHCP works too, LOVERLY. :D
:thumbup:

Still, no sound. The only device in System Preferences-->Sound-->Output is Digital Out, four times. In System Profiler it shows "Intel High definition Audio" Audio ID: 889
Have you tried MacMan's ACL8xxHDA ?

Also, what REALLY bothers me is I get the "Press the Power button etc..." jazz in five languages more than 50% of the time.
That's a kernel panic... Boot Verbose to see what it's all about...

I am learning a lot about the Mac, thanks to the forums, but it is hard going after Windows.
And many will tell you "it's harder going back"... Give it a couple of weeks and you'll see ;)

Hi Lnx2Mac,
Thanks for your patience with me, much appreciated.
I started OS X verbose, and the list of errors are the same as someone else put up on the forum, for a different board. MacMan said it's the video card, as OS X doesn't support the onboard video. Mine of course is a Nvidia card, so it's not that. I have an Nvidia 7900GT as well, same result, the errors are as follows:
:crazy:
npvhash=4095
PAE enabled
64 bit mode enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4Ëœrealese_i386
vm_page_bootstrap: 939671 free pages and 76137 wired pages standard timeslicing quantum 1000 us
mig_table_max-displ = 73
Kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot - Libraray kext com.apple.kpi.iokit not found.
Can't load kext es.osx.driver.EvOreboot - failed to resolve libarary dependecies.
Kext and es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "es_osx86_EvOreboot"
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x5591db): Ãœnable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1389
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x52123da8 : 0x21b455 (0x5cf328 0x52123ddc 0x2238b1 0x0)
0x52123df8 : 0x5591db (0x5d8c04 0x5d724e0 0x52123e28 0xdf8900)
0x52123e18 : 0x538e50 (0x5e39980 0x5dded80 0x1 0x4fc1e6)
0x52123e78 : 0x537085 (0x5dded80 0x5e39980 0x5df8940 0x5000ae)
0x52123f28 : 0x537616 (0x5dded80 0xdde5b40 0x8 0xffffffff)
0x52123f78 : 0x5392c5 (0x5dded80 0x0 0x52123fac 0x1)
0x52123fc9 : 0x29e6cc (0x5d722b0 0x0 0xfb8000 0xffe84575)

BSD precess name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version: Not yet set
Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root: xnu-1504.7.4˜1/REALEASE_I386

System uptime in nanosecons: 150846545
Is there a way to pipe the errors to a file? I had to type this in on my Mac :crazy:

georgeba said:
Hi Lnx2Mac,
Thanks for your patience with me, much appreciated.
I started OS X verbose, and the list of errors are the same as someone else put up on the forum, for a different board. MacMan said it's the video card, as OS X doesn't support the onboard video. Mine of course is a Nvidia card, so it's not that. I have an Nvidia 7900GT as well, same result, the errors are as follows:
:crazy:
I think the 7900 is no longer supported by OSX... But you should have no issues with your 240...

I see in your log that you are using EvOreboot... You shouldn't need it with a DSDT...

Are you sure you are using the right DSDT for your motherboard and BIOS ?

Is there a way to pipe the errors to a file? I had to type this in on my Mac :crazy:
Sure... Take a picture of it and post it ;) :lol:

Hello Lnx2Mac, this time COMPLETE SUCCESS!! Well, so far NO KERNEL PANIC. :thumbup: after about 20 reboots.

Instead of installing this, uninstalling that I decided to start from scratch instead of trying to fix a possible wreck.
Here it goes!

Used Windows for BIOS update to F11:Unplug Mac drive, plug in Windows drive, reset BIOS to IDE, etc…Update the BIOS using Gigabyte BIOS Utility, then the reverse with the drives. AHCI etc...
Start up iBoot-Supported
Change CD to OS X install DVD
F5 to read DVD
Erase the proposed OS X hard disk using System Utilities
Partition, 1 partition
Install OS X without the language options and sans printer support
Install the MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.5.dmg
Did NOT reboot
Using the latest MultiBeast installed DSDT.aml for version F11 BIOS (my board is Version 2.0)
After this Video worked at 1920x1080
Installed RealtekRTL81xx-0_067+.pkg
Had to activate LAN in System Preferences --> Network
DHCP worked
No sound yet, Realtek sound device shows in "About this Mac" , but no output or input devices show up.
Install the "New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA" using the instructions at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html
Reboot, cross fingers, etc…

Then I put in a CD, Susan Boyle: The Gift. The first tune to burst out of the speakers is Perfect Day, very appropriate :D
Thank you so much for your help Lnx2Mac! Your recognizing the Kernel Panic was the turning point.

By following what I did anyone is likely to succeed with the installation. Maybe :)

georgeba said:
Hello Lnx2Mac, this time COMPLETE SUCCESS!! Well, so far NO KERNEL PANIC. :thumbup: after about 20 reboots.
As it should ;)

Instead of installing this, uninstalling that I decided to start from scratch instead of trying to fix a possible wreck.
Yeah, I always prefer methodical/documented/clean installs ;)

Then I put in a CD, Susan Boyle: The Gift. The first tune to burst out of the speakers is Perfect Day, very appropriate :D
:lol:

Thank you so much for your help Lnx2Mac! Your recognizing the Kernel Panic was the turning point.

By following what I did anyone is likely to succeed with the installation. Maybe :)
:headbang:

For two weeks now my Hackintosh is performing very well, so I wanted to take the next step and install Windows XP (I have a program that only runs on XP) on a separate drive, so far unsuccessfully. I downloaded the AHCI drivers for XP from the Gigabyte site, but when I want to install it during the XP installation I don't know which option I'd have to install for the AHCI drivers. I tried a few (there seem to about 8-10) but come up with BSOD when the Windows install proper starts.
Anybody with firm knowledge how I can install XP using AHCI so I don't have to constantly go into the BIOS?

georgeba said:
For two weeks now my Hackintosh is performing very well, so I wanted to take the next step and install Windows XP (I have a program that only runs on XP) on a separate drive, so far unsuccessfully. I downloaded the AHCI drivers for XP from the Gigabyte site, but when I want to install it during the XP installation I don't know which option I'd have to install for the AHCI drivers. I tried a few (there seem to about 8-10) but come up with BSOD when the Windows install proper starts.
Anybody with firm knowledge how I can install XP using AHCI so I don't have to constantly go into the BIOS?
I found that you need to have the AHCI drivers slipstreamed into the XP install disc for it to work.

Thanks for the answer>
I found that you need to have the AHCI drivers slipstreamed into the XP install disc for it to work.
At times like this I wish I took more notice of my son slipstreaming XP with SP2 some time ago.
I now have to learn how to do it. Bummer. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back