GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,
I really need some help here with a hackintosh.
I specifically bought a Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard, Intel i3-540 CPU, a Gigabyte GV-N240D3-1GI video card, 4GB of RAM to build a hackintosh.
I have followed all the installation instructions EXACTLY, tried several iBoot loaders, but what I get is: "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer. Restore from Time Machine Backup or Restart" The MOBO is Rev 2.0, BIOS is F11. It doesn't matter what I do, this is as far as it gets. I backtracked with the BIOS to F7, it's the oldest I could find, but nothing. Of course I set the right values in the BIOS, such as AHCI, HPET to 64-bit, etc.
I'd just about give a bodypart to get this going, but nothing works. I even thought that maybe Gigabyte disabled the ability to load OS X, but I saw on this forum someone else having the same MOBO and video card, same CPU, RAM and MOBO version and BIOS version.
I could really use everybodies opinion what could be wrong.
thanks in advance, George

Re: Install OS X on GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard

georgeba said:
Hi All,
I really need some help here with a hackintosh.
I specifically bought a Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard, Intel i3-540 CPU, a Gigabyte GV-N240D3-1GI video card, 4GB of RAM to build a hackintosh.
I have followed all the installation instructions EXACTLY, tried several iBoot loaders, but what I get is: "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer. Restore from Time Machine Backup or Restart" The MOBO is Rev 2.0, BIOS is F11. It doesn't matter what I do, this is as far as it gets. I backtracked with the BIOS to F7, it's the oldest I could find, but nothing. Of course I set the right values in the BIOS, such as AHCI, HPET to 64-bit, etc.
I'd just about give a bodypart to get this going, but nothing works. I even thought that maybe Gigabyte disabled the ability to load OS X, but I saw on this forum someone else having the same MOBO and video card, same CPU, RAM and MOBO version and BIOS version.
I could really use everybodies opinion what could be wrong.
thanks in advance, George
You can't use the gray OS X restore disc that cam with a real Mac. You need to purchase the Snow Leopard Upgrade disc http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AMHWP8?ie=UTF8

Thank you for that, I just assumed my original iMac disk is like a full retail disk. I ordered the upgrade, it should be sweet tomorrow.
Thanks again.

A Happy New Year to you MacMan, and to everybody reading this!!!
Mine unfortunately wasn't very happy, I spent the last two days on my Hackintosh.
I got the OSX retail update disk and it installed fine. I then installed the MacOXSUpdCombo 10.6.5 update, and installed the DSDT.aml file with MultiBeast as prescribed.
Before I installed the DSDT.aml file Ethernet worked, after installing it, it stopped. I used the correct file, for BIOS F10 which I had installed instead of F11, as the DSDT.aml file was for F10 BIOS.
MultiBeast did say that Ethernet and Sound has to be activated, but in all honesty I haven't a clue how to do that. I am stuck BIGTIME. "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed" is what's in About this MAC.
I then installed Lnx2Mac's kext for the Realtek 8111E using his package. Afterward it says in System Preferences that Ethernet is connected, but it doesn't appear to be. The green lights on the RJ45 socket don't light up at all, it's definitely not working.
Also, more often than not I get the "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again. Everything is set to default, no overclocking at all, just basic. If I wasn't so stubborn I would give up. The problem is, I haven't a clue where to look, I've been using Windows forever.
ANY help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all, George

I will try it again, now that I discovered that the motherboards Ethernet connection is dead. I will RMA it after the holidays, hopefully a new or repaired board will work then.

georgeba said:
I will try it again, now that I discovered that the motherboards Ethernet connection is dead. I will RMA it after the holidays, hopefully a new or repaired board will work then.
I doubt it's dead...
I've seen a lot of times this on Gigabytes...

Just unplug your PC, and leave it off for a couple of minutes...
Plug and turn on, enter SmartLAN in BIOS... Sometimes this helps.
If not, clear CMOS and reconfigure BIOS...
If it still doesn't help, reflash BIOS, and reconfigure.

By this time, your NIC will probably be OK.

Well, I'll be damned! :)
Works perfectly, now I can try your kext :)
I also let the company I bought the board from know your solution too.
Thank you.

:headbang: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back