Contribute
Register

[Solved] Install Hang IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Your original post #1 seemed like you were trying to boot into an installed macOS High Sierra when you encounter the paraphrased "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0" error message from a boot screen

If you are getting this error from a macOS High Sierra USB installer disk while being booted off the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen with the previously indicated BIOS options and CLOVER including its config.plist edited as suggested, it is most likely that the Nvidia GeF GT 730 is NOT Supported in macOS High Sierra. In that case you may have to use your Intel HD Graphics 530 from your Intel i7 6700.

For that you have to do the following:
  • Edit CLOVER from the USB installer [See images]
  • Reboot and enter BIOS and change BIOS Peripherals to use IGFX as the Initial Display and change the DVMT pre-allocated Memory to 128 M (minimum 64M) and save that setting
  • Reboot and when the Monitor screen shows "No Signal" or "No Display" error shut down the PC
  • Disconnect Power Cable from PSU socket.
  • Remove the video cable from Nvidia PCIE Graphics and connect that to IGFX's DVI port
  • Open the Case, remove the PCIE Power cable from Nvidia PCIE Card and then physically REMOVE the Nvidia Graphics from PCIE slot
  • Reconnect Power and Reboot
  • Make sure BIOS options are the same as set to boot with IGFX.
  • Boot the USB installer in Verbose boot and upload screen shots if needed.
This has worked!! Thank you so much. All I have to do now is sort out the graphics as in About My Mac the graphics displayed are Intel HD Graphics 530 7MB. Would you know of how to have 2 screens or is it even possible with the on board graphics? Thanks again I owe you big time.

This has worked!! Thank you so much. All I have to do now is sort out the graphics as in About My Mac the graphics displayed are Intel HD Graphics 530 7MB. Would you know of how to have 2 screens or is it even possible with the on board graphics? Thanks again I owe you big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back