HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I keep getting this code while booting into High Sierra

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0,

I can boot into it by using flags dart=0 -x -f but if I take -x -f away then I get this hang. I know it's to do with the onboard graphics but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. My machine specs are in the BIO. I'm wondering does anyone know what to put in in the ig-platform-id box... or is there a completely different issue here?

config.plist attached.

i7-6700k Intel HD 530
Nvidia GT 730

Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
Hi All,

I keep getting this code while booting into High Sierra

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0,

I can boot into it by using flags dart=0 -x -f but if I take -x -f away then I get this hang. I know it's to do with the onboard graphics but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. My machine specs are in the BIO. I'm wondering does anyone know what to put in in the ig-platform-id box... or is there a completely different issue here?

config.plist attached.

i7-6700k Intel HD 530
Nvidia GT 730

Thanks.
  • As you suspected, it is a graphics problem
  • In your hardware SPECS you have listed 2 Graphics devices
    • Which one is actually connected to your Monitor and what cable is used to connect that device?
  • Your config.plist is a smorgasbord of PCIE and IGFX options contradicting each other in Boot, Devices and Graphics sections as shown in the edited images of your config.plist viewed in Clover Configurator vibrant.
  • You have not uploaded the contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other to verify what that folder may be lacking to boot the Graphics Device you have chosen in your BIOS.

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Boot.png
    1.config.plist_Boot.png
    200 KB · Views: 2,686
  • 2.config.plist_Devices.png
    2.config.plist_Devices.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 2,627
  • 3.config.plist_Graphics.png
    3.config.plist_Graphics.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,449
  • As you suspected, it is a graphics problem
  • In your hardware SPECS you have listed 2 Graphics devices
    • Which one is actually connected to your Monitor and what cable is used to connect that device?
  • Your config.plist is a smorgasbord of PCIE and IGFX options contradicting each other in Boot, Devices and Graphics sections as shown in the edited images of your config.plist viewed in Clover Configurator vibrant.
  • You have not uploaded the contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other to verify what that folder may be lacking to boot the Graphics Device you have chosen in your BIOS.

Thanks for the reply. My monitor is connected to the GT 730 graphics card via DVI cable. I'll upload a screenshot of the kext folder. In the BIOS I have selected the PCIE graphics as primary.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 17.26.17.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 17.26.17.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 948
Thanks for the reply. My monitor is connected to the GT 730 graphics card via DVI cable. I'll upload a screenshot of the kext folder. In the BIOS I have selected the PCIE graphics as primary.
  • Your CLOVER/kexts/Other is good to go for your Nvidia Graphics.
  • I assume you have already installed Nvidia Webdriver for your version of macOS High Sierra
  • See uploaded edited config.plist images for changes that should work if you have installed Nivdia Webdriver
  • You can test this by rebooting to Clover Boot Manager (CBM ) Screen>Options>
    • Boot Args : remove nv_disable =1
    • Graphics Injector> remove [√]InjectNvidia
  • Once logged on to the Desktop, edit config.plist as shown in the images.

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Boot.png
    1.config.plist_Boot.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,558
  • 2.config.plist_Devices.png
    2.config.plist_Devices.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,584
  • 4.Rt Variables.png
    4.Rt Variables.png
    255 KB · Views: 1,710
  • 3.config.plist_Graphics.png
    3.config.plist_Graphics.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 5.System Parameters.png
    5.System Parameters.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Your CLOVER/kexts/Other is good to go for your Nvidia Graphics.
  • I assume you have already installed Nvidia Webdriver for your version of macOS High Sierra
  • See uploaded edited config.plist images for changes that should work if you have installed Nivdia Webdriver
  • You can test this by rebooting to Clover Boot Manager (CBM ) Screen>Options>
    • Boot Args : remove nv_disable =1
    • Graphics Injector> remove [√]InjectNvidia
  • Once logged on to the Desktop, edit config.plist as shown in the images.

Thanks again for the reply, just a quick question about the Nvidia web driver, I'd have to boot into the OS in safe mode and then install the driver am I correct?

Thanks again for the reply, just a quick question about the Nvidia web driver, I'd have to boot into the OS in safe mode and then install the driver am I correct?
If you can boot without -x in Boot Args , with just the way I had suggested , please do so.
If it encounters boot freeze despite editing the Boot Args and GraphicsInjector from CBM , boot in Safe Mode to reach the login screen>Desktop.
Please note I omitted to add "Yes" in "Inject Kexts" in "System Parameters" in the previously uploaded image. I regret for the error made. New image is uploaded correcting the mistake.

Attachments

• 5.System Parameters.png
    5.System Parameters.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 911
If you can boot without -x in Boot Args , with just the way I had suggested , please do so.
If it encounters boot freeze despite editing the Boot Args and GraphicsInjector from CBM , boot in Safe Mode to reach the login screen>Desktop.
Please note I omitted to add "Yes" in "Inject Kexts" in "System Parameters" in the previously uploaded image. I regret for the error made. New image is uploaded correcting the mistake.

Hi, sorry about the late reply, I will try this now and see how I get on. I'll keep you informed. Thanks again for the help thus far.

I must also state that I am booting clover from a USB stick. When I do manage to get in via safe mode I am unable to install clover to the drive. I have installed the valid nvidia web driver and have rebooted with the correct plist as you've shown but this time when I get to gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, the monitor turns off. When I do boot into safe mode I have to use both -x & -f. -x on its own (with dart=0 & verbose) will not boot.

I must also state that I am booting clover from a USB stick. When I do manage to get in via safe mode I am unable to install clover to the drive. I have installed the valid nvidia web driver and have rebooted with the correct plist as you've shown but this time when I get to gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, the monitor turns off. When I do boot into safe mode I have to use both -x & -f. -x on its own (with dart=0 & verbose) will not boot.

I must also state that I am booting clover from a USB stick

I'm confused. Your original post #1 seemed like you were trying to boot into an installed macOS High Sierra when you encounter the paraphrased "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0" error message from a boot screen

If you are getting this error from a macOS High Sierra USB installer disk while being booted off the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen with the previously indicated BIOS options and CLOVER including its config.plist edited as suggested, it is most likely that the Nvidia GeF GT 730 is NOT Supported in macOS High Sierra. In that case you may have to use your Intel HD Graphics 530 from your Intel i7 6700.

For that you have to do the following:
  • Edit CLOVER from the USB installer [See images]
  • Reboot and enter BIOS and change BIOS Peripherals to use IGFX as the Initial Display and change the DVMT pre-allocated Memory to 128 M (minimum 64M) and save that setting
  • Reboot and when the Monitor screen shows "No Signal" or "No Display" error shut down the PC
  • Disconnect Power Cable from PSU socket.
  • Remove the video cable from Nvidia PCIE Graphics and connect that to IGFX's DVI port
  • Open the Case, remove the PCIE Power cable from Nvidia PCIE Card and then physically REMOVE the Nvidia Graphics from PCIE slot
  • Reconnect Power and Reboot
  • Make sure BIOS options are the same as set to boot with IGFX.
  • Boot the USB installer in Verbose boot and upload screen shots if needed.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 2.config.plist_Boot.png
    2.config.plist_Boot.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 3.config.plist_Devices.png
    3.config.plist_Devices.png
    397.8 KB · Views: 940
  • 4.config.plist_Graphics.png
    4.config.plist_Graphics.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 908
  • 5.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    5.config.plist_Rt Variables.png
    489.8 KB · Views: 872
  • 6.System Parameters.png
    6.System Parameters.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 943
I'm confused. Your original post #1 seemed like you were trying to boot into an installed macOS High Sierra when you encounter the paraphrased "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0" error message from a boot screen

If you are getting this error from a macOS High Sierra USB installer disk while being booted off the Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen with the previously indicated BIOS options and CLOVER including its config.plist edited as suggested, it is most likely that the Nvidia GeF GT 730 is NOT Supported in macOS High Sierra. In that case you may have to use your Intel HD Graphics 530 from your Intel i7 6700.

For that you have to do the following:
  • Edit CLOVER from the USB installer [See images]
  • Reboot and enter BIOS and change BIOS Peripherals to use IGFX as the Initial Display and change the DVMT pre-allocated Memory to 128 M (minimum 64M) and save that setting
  • Reboot and when the Monitor screen shows "No Signal" or "No Display" error shut down the PC
  • Disconnect Power Cable from PSU socket.
  • Remove the video cable from Nvidia PCIE Graphics and connect that to IGFX's DVI port
  • Open the Case, remove the PCIE Power cable from Nvidia PCIE Card and then physically REMOVE the Nvidia Graphics from PCIE slot
  • Reconnect Power and Reboot
  • Make sure BIOS options are the same as set to boot with IGFX.
  • Boot the USB installer in Verbose boot and upload screen shots if needed.

I do apologise about the earlier confusion. I'll give this a go this evening and get back to you with my results. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back