Charge Remaining (mAh): 4288
Fully Charged: No
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4288
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1
Voltage (mV): 17434

Hi,
I got it compiled (left out all with a number sequence, got error if I had them)
All looking good except it doesn't measure draining power, any idea ?

Hi,
Changed patch to HP DV6-3165sf, charging is working :) many thanks for the help!

Battery Information:
Model Information:
Serial Number: Primary-Unknown
Manufacturer: HP
Device Name: Primary
Charge Information:
The battery’s charge is below the critical level.: No
The battery’s charge is below the warning level.: No
Charge Remaining (mAh): 4245
Fully Charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4288
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 450
Voltage (mV): 17597

Hi,

I wondering what is the difference between G6 2221ss & Pavilion dv6-3165sf ?

I'm missing serial number on battery and tried G6 2221ss again and it does not charge Amperage (mA): 0 & no serial number, listed as Primary-Unknown

With Pavilion dv6-3165sf all is working but no serial numer, mf date 30 Nov 1979, Cycles 0 (iStat Menu)

With ACPIBatteryManager.kext v1.81.4 sleep corrupts BIOS/CMOS but not in v1.70.1 ?

Attached!

Assuming the DSDT-BAT.aml in ACPI/patched has the G6 2221ss patch (as requested), I think you failed to read the very important comment in the G6 2221ss patch:
Code:
# Note: some may require this patch
# it is commented out because it is really not the correct fix
# and is not needed by all
#into method label INIT parent_label ACEL replace_content begin // code removed\n end;

Hi,

I wondering what is the difference between G6 2221ss & Pavilion dv6-3165sf ?

I'm missing serial number on battery and tried G6 2221ss again and it does not charge Amperage (mA): 0 & no serial number, listed as Primary-Unknown

With Pavilion dv6-3165sf all is working but no serial numer, mf date 30 Nov 1979, Cycles 0 (iStat Menu)

With ACPIBatteryManager.kext v1.81.4 sleep corrupts BIOS/CMOS but not in v1.70.1 ?

Hi Figgaro, is your battery now fully working? I have the 17" version of this laptop and notice part of the patch for dv6-3165sf also makes things work but not fully. I have a charging issue once the power is returned to the device.

If you have fully working could you do a dump of your files/config please so I could look at your files/setup. Thanks

I have tried the '#into method label INIT parent_label ACEL replace_content begin // code removed\n end;' additional patch for G6 2221ss but it didnt help.

Hi Figgaro, is your battery now fully working? I have the 17" version of this laptop and notice part of the patch for dv6-3165sf also makes things work but not fully. I have a charging issue once the power is returned to the device.

If you have fully working could you do a dump of your files/config please so I could look at your files/setup. Thanks

I have tried the '#into method label INIT parent_label ACEL replace_content begin // code removed\n end;' additional patch for G6 2221ss but it didnt help.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi,
No, I'm trying to figure out the bug, already re-flashed BIOS 5 times today :(
Before trying anything new/changes I think it would be a good idea to sudo nvram -c

Hi,
No, I'm trying to figure out the bug, already re-flashed BIOS 5 times today :(
Before trying anything new/changes I think it would be a good idea to sudo nvram -c
I don't need to reflash bios, just shutdown, unplug all cables and hold power for approx 30 secs, works fine after that. Until it gets corrupt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back