Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Omen 15-cexxx Battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking a BIG break, this is a odd fault. At least I can now use it without destroying CMOS, I deleted a lot in the EC section.
This means there is no battery info :(

CMOS resets are usually caused by incorrect ACPI patching (or lack of required patches).

I'm taking a BIG break, this is a odd fault. At least I can now use it without destroying CMOS, I deleted a lot in the EC section.
This means there is no battery info :(
No info like charging, draining etc?

Hi, I think I found the main fault, Clover/SSDT enable NoDynamicExtract ;)
I have still some testing todo to confirm all functions... but it looks good. HP-3165sf Patch only on DSDT + all SSDT-x5_* dsl extraction.
Let me know how it works for you...

Hi, I think I found the main fault, Clover/SSDT enable NoDynamicExtract ;)
I have still some testing todo to confirm all functions... but it looks good. HP-3165sf Patch only on DSDT + all SSDT-x5_* dsl extraction.
Let me know how it works for you...
Tried setting NoDynamicExtract to NO in config.plist, and re-extracting bios in clover (F4)
which gave me SSDT-x5_0.aml to SSDT-x5_6.aml... tried patching as you said on dsdt and x5 files.
Reset CMOS and reboot. no joy still no charging once unplugged.

Also when you decompile do you include the -da switch? I have trouble with that but it works without.
'iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml'.

If you have it fully working please do a step by step on what you have applied.

Attached debug files using the recommended HP-G6-2221ss incase rehabman wants to take a look.

Attachments

• debug_6213.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
You need the -da switch, I followed iASL guide, DL iASL app and put it in apps and then run by Terminal and build the latest version and do the install as the guide, check in iASL setting that 6.1 is chosen. Only patch with HP3165 battery nothing else.
Here is my config :) also I moved all kexts to S/L/E from Clover, left nothing.
And you only need to keep power button in for ~6 seconds for CMOS reset.

Everything is working except HDMI, DP, Card reader, I have not done anything with them yet!
I tried charging to 100% works great, plug/unplug AC, sleep works nice!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
You need the -da switch, I followed iASL guide, DL iASL app and put it in apps and then run by Terminal and build the latest version and do the install as the guide, check in iASL setting that 6.1 is chosen. Only patch with HP3165 battery nothing else.
Here is my config :) also I moved all kexts to S/L/E from Clover, left nothing.
And you only need to keep power button in for ~6 seconds for CMOS reset.

Everything is working except HDMI, DP, Card reader, I have not done anything with them yet!
I tried charging to 100% works great, plug/unplug AC, sleep works nice!
Great I'll try tonight. I used the pre compiled iasl but shall try compiling.

Dynamic SSDTs are never to be placed in ACPI/patched.
Therefore, usually no need to extract them.
Read the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Thanks. Ive always had 'ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog' with the -da switch and all my ssdt files had different file sizes so didnt think there were any duplicates, So i thought Ill just delete ssdt files retry until it worked. After deleting only SSDT-4.aml it worked without errors! :) Ill try this again now I have no error.

Thanks. Ive always had 'ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog' with the -da switch and all my ssdt files had different file sizes so didnt think there were any duplicates, So i thought Ill just delete ssdt files retry until it worked. After deleting only SSDT-4.aml it worked without errors! :) Ill try this again now I have no error.

With recent ACPI sets on new computers, you probably don't even need the -da flag (as most new ACPI sets use a new enough iasl that generates embedded External opcodes).

HP-G6-2221ss shows 0 / -1 in current, HP3165 works better (only serial number from battery missing), code wise HP-G6-2221ss is more correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back