Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Elitebook 820G3 High Sierra, partially screen flick / glitch broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if my wifi is not supported think I have to give up... don't know if it is easy to replace the wifi adapter in this laptop, and even if it is when I tried in my previous HP laptop installing a osx compatile card, it didn't even boot because of not official HP HW part... ;(

Other than the tiny antenna connectors which are a bit of hassle to deal with (especially with large fingers and bad eyes), replacing the WiFi card is easy.
And your laptop has no whitelist, so you can pick BCM94342Z (or, if you're more adventurous and it fits, BCM9432602BAED).

Other than the tiny antenna connectors which are a bit of hassle to deal with (especially with large fingers and bad eyes), replacing the WiFi card is easy.
And your laptop has no whitelist, so you can pick BCM94342Z (or, if you're more adventurous and it fits, BCM9432602BAED).
that is wonderful news! thanks sir will now study your guide to see if i can do that! :p

that is wonderful news! thanks sir will now study your guide to see if i can do that! :p

dear @RehabMan first of all i want to thank you for your super guide and installation methods.. following it step by step i could install Sierra on my eb820g3 almost flawlessly, you rock!

i have a few generic questions if you and/or other people who can help don't mind though (i have no files to attach atm cause my laptop is in the office and no need of exact troubleshooting right now, just preliminary curiosity questions ;) )

let me know guys if i should open a new thread or it is ok also here.

1. with all smc kexts and hw monitor app, i could see only two cpu cores frequencies and relevant multipliers and temps if i remember rightly in the list, shouldn't be more? (4 or maybe even 8?)
i have i5 version of 820G3

2. about BT, it seems my chip is recognized and enabled (i see its details in system information and can enable the icon on status bar, try to search for bt devices etc), but i don't think it is really working fine, cause can't find any bt devices even if for example at least my phone bt was on and visible.. is it possible for a bt chip to be recognized and activated but not working fine in the end? i saw this argument mentioned in the guide but didn't understand very well..

3. of course atm I've no wifi, so i should get the BCM94342Z you suggested (also BCM94352Z should be good right?). but i see they come with bt onboard also: if i disable the laptop's onboard bt chip from bios, will then work fine the bt coming with the WiFi board?

that's all for now, thanks again for your contribution ;) good night!

Last edited:
dear @RehabMan first of all i want to thank you for your super guide and installation methods.. following it step by step i could install Sierra on my eb820g3 almost flawlessly, you rock!

i have a few generic questions if you and/or other people who can help don't mind though (i have no files to attach atm cause my laptop is in the office and no need of exact troubleshooting right now, just preliminary curiosity questions ;) )

let me know guys if i should open a new thread or it is ok also here.

1. with all smc kexts and hw monitor app, i could see only two cpu cores frequencies and relevant multipliers and temps if i remember rightly in the list, shouldn't be more? (4 or maybe even 8?)
i have i5 version of 820G3

2. about BT, it seems my chip is recognized and enabled (i see its details in system information and can enable the icon on status bar, try to search for bt devices etc), but i don't think it is really working fine, cause can't find any bt devices even if for example at least my phone bt was on and visible.. is it possible for a bt chip to be recognized and activated but not working fine in the end? i saw this argument mentioned in the guide but didn't understand very well..

3. of course atm I've no wifi, so i should get the BCM94342Z you suggested (also BCM94352Z should be good right?). but i see they come with bt onboard also: if i disable the laptop's onboard bt chip from bios, will then work fine the bt coming with the WiFi board?

that's all for now, thanks again for your contribution ;) good night!

Your profile lacks hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Please see my hardware details.
BCM94352Z on 820g3 work very well.

Please see my hardware details.
BCM94352Z on 820g3 work very well.
can you please attach a screenshot of your HWMonitor app readings? tia!

U want to see all temperatures of this device?
The default installation is completed. Can't see cpu or other temperatures.
Need to install kext separately to see the temperature.

FYI kext
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/
no I would just like to see the number of cpus you can see there, because I can see only on or two cpu in my i5, I don't remember (while on the destop with i5, I see 4 cpu), and in fact the laptop is damn slow so I think something was wrong ;(

no I would just like to see the number of cpus you can see there, because I can see only on or two cpu in my i5, I don't remember (while on the destop with i5, I see 4 cpu), and in fact the laptop is damn slow so I think something was wrong ;(
i5-6200u or i7-6500 off course is 2 cpu
my 2570p use i7-3632qm can see 4 cpu

i5-6200u or i7-6500 off course is 2 cpu
my 2570p use i7-3632qm can see 4 cpu
thanks for the reply|! ok so it was correct, so I wonder why it was so slow in loading apps (for example outlook365 and outlook) that in win10 are much faster to open. so probably it is a problem in the apps ports to osx so.. what a pity like that they are not really usable...

ps. we have the same laptops! I had 2570p and the current one now is 820G3... I wonder if we work in the same company! :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back