Contribute
Register

[solved] HP 9470m problem with the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi; No I did not. I partitioned in HFS-J. I dont mind it to convert and be slow, but I first want to get it through the installer without the "An error occurred during installation..." and am therefore sticking to your guide.

I named my destination SSD partition "MAC".

Can you please help me what I should type in the terminal window to have it not convert to APFS? I cant get it to work with the guide...

The question is, since I also built a El Capitan usb2 with your guide and the same error outcome, if it is about the apfs conversion. It's a pity that I do not have enough expertise in this.... Yes I know.... READ hahaha...

Last edited:
Hi; No I did not. I partitioned in HFS-J. I dont mind it to convert and be slow, but I first want to get it through the installer without the "An error occurred during installation..." and am therefore sticking to your guide.

I named my destination SSD partition "MAC".

Can you please help me what I should type in the terminal window to have it not convert to APFS? I cant get it to work with the guide...

The question is, since I also built a El Capitan usb2 with your guide and the same error outcome, if it is about the apfs conversion. It's a pity that I do not have enough expertise in this.... Yes I know.... READ hahaha...

Install without APFS.

How unlucky can one be?! After weeks we have found actually the NVRAM of this particular laptop is faulty.....
Please moderator you can lock this story....
Thanks everybody for your support!

How unlucky can one be?! After weeks we have found actually the NVRAM of this particular laptop is faulty.....

Marked solved.

Hi Bartrap,

did you fiz your NVRAM or give up from making a hackintosh on 9470m?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back