Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra Security Update 2018-003 error during install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after some updates I noticed [nv_disable=1] is not really needed on the 1st and 2nd reboot - only on the 3rd reboot with the regular boot drive. On my end it has worked also with this way. But as you pointed: for good measure. If the update can not be finished, then you can start it again. After a bit of try&error everyone should get it working.

I do not really understand why macOS is needing two reboots with the pre-selected Install MacOS drive before it is finished. Is that based on the clover-menue - can someone explain it? My original MacBook from 2012 is needing only one pre(reboot) before the final reboot finished the update.

It has left me no peace to look for a solution to this issue while installing this update. The main problem with installing this update is that it requires a restart on an iMAC instead of a reboot. I found on Youtube a Video, which is showing a way to install the update on the terminal.

Please note: Disable the Nvidia Web Driver and set it back to the Default maxOS Graphics Driver before you are starting the update to avoid the physically removal of the Nvidia graphics card from your box. Otherwise the OSX will not boot because it needs an update of the Web driver. ;)

Code:
softwareupdate -i -a --restart

After adding the recommended parameters to the softwareupdate, the updates install and the iMac Pro shuts down as expected. After the shutdown I used the new added OSX-Install boot-entry in the clover-menue and the install hast started. While the installation it needs a 2nd reboot - back in the Clover Menu I used the OSX-Install boot-entry again and I was able to finish the installation. After the next required reboot - back in clover - the OSX-Install boot-entry was removed I used the main OSX boot entry. Back on the dashboard do the recommended Nvidia Web Driver to
I had an issue with the 2019-003 security update too, and this post didn't help me. Downloading the patch from apple's site rather than updating it through the appstore worked though. The update was shown as a high sierra image in clover instead of mojave.
Hello and thank you very much Neralex. I succeeded my security update.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back