Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] High sierra - osX partition not shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep .. so I did the process you gave me on the motherboard. I unstuck it. That what was weird ...

My issue now is to make Nvidia web driver to work. I have a loop (see photo).
Sorry I could not see this earlier. I was immersed in some other projects and did not get a chance to check the Forum

• I guessed you might have to Reset CMOS to get back to your System Disk.
  • But once you Reset CMOS, you got to redo everything on the BIOS options from Year/Month/Date/Time to all the menus for macOS booting as the BIOS goes to defaults and your set options are wiped out along with the corrupted ones that caused you the boot problem.
    • You need to set the right Video Device and its supporting submenu in the Peripheral.
  • You need to MAKE SURE to use the right config.plist options through CBM >Options and all the sub Menu Particularly Graphics Injector-->
Hope things will work out OK.

Sorry I could not see this earlier. I was immersed in some other projects and did not get a chance to check the Forum

• I guessed you might have to Reset CMOS to get back to your System Disk.
  • But once you Reset CMOS, you got to redo everything on the BIOS options from Year/Month/Date/Time to all the menus for macOS booting as the BIOS goes to defaults and your set options are wiped out along with the corrupted ones that caused you the boot problem.
    • You need to set the right Video Device and its supporting submenu in the Peripheral.
  • You need to MAKE SURE to use the right config.plist options through CBM >Options and all the sub Menu Particularly Graphics Injector-->
Hope things will work out OK.

Ok .. so BIOS issues are behind me. I'm trying to finish this install .. and I'm still stuck with the GPU.
  • it loads CBM (I looked at the options, I think they are good, but I'm not totally sure)
  • I have the apple loading screen (I'm on an iMac 14,2)
  • I have a black screen when it's loading my High sierra session.

Attachments

• ED897309-B41E-49D2-B8CE-8AA60150CBD4.jpeg
    ED897309-B41E-49D2-B8CE-8AA60150CBD4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • A0EFF1DC-F464-4250-841A-EAF47078F2E4.jpeg
    A0EFF1DC-F464-4250-841A-EAF47078F2E4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • A2F25CFC-78CD-40E2-9914-8BB601E3557A.jpeg
    A2F25CFC-78CD-40E2-9914-8BB601E3557A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 5CB6E8A1-764A-4FCA-8E93-F7AF090E8BEF.jpeg
    5CB6E8A1-764A-4FCA-8E93-F7AF090E8BEF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 2274547D-0967-4C6D-BCF4-C3D979690FD6.jpeg
    2274547D-0967-4C6D-BCF4-C3D979690FD6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • D087CACA-D888-48D2-90C9-DFBFFF92B1DD.jpeg
    D087CACA-D888-48D2-90C9-DFBFFF92B1DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Ok .. so BIOS issues are behind me. I'm trying to finish this install .. and I'm still stuck with the GPU.
  • it loads CBM (I looked at the options, I think they are good, but I'm not totally sure)
  • I have the apple loading screen (I'm on an iMac 14,2)
  • I have a black screen when it's loading my High sierra session.
  • Loaded images from USB installer at CBM screen look OK
  • I did not See any from "Options>boot Args:-"
    • What are your Boot Args:-------?
    • I am especially interested to know the boot flag about your Video card [what is your nv_disable= or nvda_drv= on that line]

• Loaded images from USB installer at CBM screen look OK
  • I did not See any from "Options>boot Args:-"
    • What are your Boot Args:-------?
    • I am especially interested to know the boot flag about your Video card [what is your nv_disable= or nvda_drv= on that line]

I removed nv_disable=1, and don't have nvda_drv. So I just have dart=0

I got a message while installing the nvidia driver, saying that it may failed. But at the end, the installer said that installation was a success.

PS: I tried to boot with nvda_drv = 1, and I get a black screen also.

Last edited:
I removed nv_disable=1, and don't have nvda_drv. So I just have dart=0

I got a message while installing the nvidia driver, saying that it may failed. But at the end, the installer said that installation was a success.

PS: I tried to boot with nvda_drv = 1, and I get a black screen also.
We are having a communication problem now:)
  • I understood you had a problem booting with the USB installer disk and reaching a black screen
  • That indicates a problem with your Video card.
  • Boot with nv_dsable=1 until you can install web drivers and then edit config.plist of your system disk . That cplist has no boot flags for Nvidia . Its System Parameters must have [√] NvidiaWeb and Injext Kexts Yes [√]Inject System ID
  • Hope your CLOVER/kexts/Other are same way it was before this problem.

We are having a communication problem now:)
  • I understood you had a problem booting with the USB installer disk and reaching a black screen
  • That indicates a problem with your Video card.
  • Boot with nv_dsable=1 until you can install web drivers and then edit config.plist of your system disk . That cplist has no boot flags for Nvidia . Its System Parameters must have [√] NvidiaWeb and Injext Kexts Yes [√]Inject System ID
  • Hope your CLOVER/kexts/Other are same way it was before this problem.

• My bad for the misunderstanding.
  • I add the parameters in System Parameters
  • I get from an EFI folder save, the Other kexts that I was missing.
  • But, still blackscreen when I try to boot with the nvidia web drivers

• My bad for the misunderstanding.
  • I add the parameters in System Parameters
  • I get from an EFI folder save, the Other kexts that I was missing.
  • But, still blackscreen when I try to boot with the nvidia web drivers
For USB installer all you need is nv_disable =1 as you have not installed nvidia Webdrivers on the System hard disk as the hdd does not have high Sierra system and Clover EFI . For High Sierra USB Installer boot, you should not have any Intel HD Graphics configuration because you are not using it and using NVIDIA instead. For USB installer to run, the Nvidia is needed only to keep basic screen resolution until hard disk installation is completed.

On post install on hard disk , you need to install NVIDIA web driver and edit its config.plist >System Parameters> [√] NvidiaWeb and Kexts =Yes. You should make sure your CLOVER/kexts/Other has all needed kexts

• Please upload Screen shot of your kexts/Other to show its contents:
    • Have you installed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext?
  • Please upload the screen shot of CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
ADDENDUM:

Multibeast 10 has been released for download:)

Multibeast 10 has been released for download:)

I think my black screen issue was coming from the fact I didn't have Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

Anyway, I used Multibeast, and everything works now :)

Thanks a lot for your help ! Really :)

I think my black screen issue was coming from the fact I didn't have Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

Anyway, I used Multibeast, and everything works now :)

Thanks a lot for your help ! Really :)
Congrats :clap:
Please edit the Title with Prefix [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back