Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra install crashes about 30 seconds after starting Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually in CPU settings. Maybe in overclocking section.

CFG Lock sorry I misspelled it..
I still don’t see anything like that anywhere in the BIOS settings. Googling what it might stand for to see if there is a different name for that setting now.

Also, the config-3.plist you sent doesn’t get past the Randomseed part of the initial clover screen. I did remove all other renamed copies of config.sys from the USB stick though.

Also, did you intend to leave the "CustomUUID" and serial number in the config-3.plist that you sent me?

Last edited:
I still don’t see anything like that anywhere in the BIOS settings. Googling what it might stand for to see if there is a different name for that setting now.

Also, the config.sys you sent doesn’t get past the Randomseed part of the initial clover screen. I did remove all other renamed copies of config.sys from the USB stick though.

Also, did you intend to leave the "CustomUUID" and serial number in the config-3.plist that you sent me?

They were added with clover configurator, not my personal ones, in case you didn't have any of your own.

Do you have CSM? Gigabyte boards had the cfg lock Asus has CSM maybe they changed it.

Randomseed its probably the ig platform ID 0x3E920000, try with clover boot menu 0x59120000.

I still don’t see anything like that anywhere in the BIOS settings.
You are obviously having quite a bumpy ride with this and an easier way has just spring to mind.
Put the hard drive into one of your existing builds and install the OS onto it.
Then install Clover and the config.plist for your new build.
I know it's not the ideal solution but you've struggled long enough and this may be a be a way forward.

Thank you. The GIgabyte board I have does have CSM. I’ve tried both enabled and disabled and still get the same error. ig-platform-id 0x59120000 Still failed at the randomseed line with CSM enabled. About to try disabled.

You are obviously having quite a bumpy ride with this and an easier way has just spring to mind.
I know it's not the ideal solution but you've struggled long enough and this may be a be a way forward.

Interesting idea. I will give that a try. I currently have El Capitan on my H61M-USB-B3 build and I’ll try on there.

Interesting idea. I will give that a try. I currently have El Capitan on my H61M-USB-B3 build and I’ll try on there.

If you have a USB to Sata connector/adapter you can load it in HFS mode instead of APFS.

98B10F6F-CA1D-41E1-89C4-68A21EB60705.png

I've spent the evening on this. I can't believe it but I'm getting the exact same error in the same place. I tried a second time by completely deleting my Install macOS High Sierra from /Applications, rebooting, redownloading, rebooting, doing the partial install to get the full install image, and recreating with UniBeast 8.3.2 on a fresh new USB stick. Very different hardware, (Sandy Bridge build below), Same error.

Do you have a USB to Sata adapter?
If you have the installer downloaded on a working system you can install it on the SSD using adapter. You don’t need a USB stick to install. Just name the target disk something different and make sure to select it when the install on “disk” option shows up. “Show all disks”. It’s easier to install directly to a drive from a working system than using a USB as a go between.
After the install just run clover on disk and adjust settingss. Before you reboot to use as a separate system.

The added benefit of using a usb to Sata adapter is the drive will load in HFS mode which is a lot easier to deal with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back