Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra install crashes about 30 seconds after starting Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
D8DB721C-A4A1-4030-90A4-0C1D237424A9.png
I see there are a lot of patches in there from the master list. Thank you. It produces a Slightly different error but happens at the same point in time as previously. Here’s the photo from the video I took to try and capture the error. ETA: better photo added.

Last edited:
I see there are a lot of patches in there from the master list. Thank you. It produces a Slightly different error but happens at the same point in time as previously. Here’s the photo from the video I took to try and capture the error. ETA: better photo added.
Try booting with an invalid ig platform id (0x12345678).

Try booting with an invalid ig platform id (0x12345678).
No, unfortunately this didn’t work either. I'm continuing to hunt for possible solutions. I get the same diskarbitrationd error with two different usb sticks, different brands. I've tried installing to both an SSD and a partitioned hard drive.

@P1LGRIM, I just realized something. When purchasing memory, I got DDR4-2666 because the i5-8400 supports it. Looking over the buyers guide here, I see all the RAM is DDR4 2400. Do you think this (over optimization on my part - too clever for my own good!) could be my issue? I think I'll pick up some 2400 and see if that solves the issue.

Do you think this (over optimization on my part - too clever for my own good!) could be my issue?
It could be but it's a long shot.
The rule of thumb is to check that the RAM is on the QVL for your motherboard.

The motherboard supports much faster memory. I'm contemplating giving up on this motherboard/ cpu combo, even though the mobo is on the CustoMac mATX build list. It shouldn’t matter that I'm using a non-K CPU with a Z-series motherboard, should it? The specs don't say anything about K CPUs only.

The motherboard supports much faster memory. I'm contemplating giving up on this motherboard/ cpu combo, even though the mobo is on the CustoMac mATX build list. It shouldn’t matter that I'm using a non-K CPU with a Z-series motherboard, should it? The specs don't say anything about K CPUs only.

A few things to check, hit delete tab on boot and enter bios.
Disable serial ports ( SuperIO configuration) Enable AHCI not Raid for Sata option. Perepherals section set minimum allocated memory to 64MB, and multi monitor.

And unplug Windows drive Sata cable try to only use one drive in system for the install.

Add FakeSMCkext to clover/Kexts/Other folder.

A few things to check, hit delete tab on boot and enter bios.
Disable serial ports ( SuperIO configuration) Enable AHCI not Raid for Sata option. Perepherals section set minimum allocated memory to 64MB, and multi monitor.

And unplug Windows drive Sata cable try to only use one drive in system for the install.

Add FakeSMCkext to clover/Kexts/Other folder.
Already had all these, but thank you anyway. Still trying to get it working.

Also, still seeing the same error with new Corsair Ballistix Sport 2400 ram.

CGF Lock disabled?

Give this a try? rename it to config.plist before replacing exisiing in Clover. By the way you only have one config.plist in there right?

Attachments

• config-3.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back