Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra Graphics Issue | z270x-Gaming 5 | GTX 1060 SSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey brother... Tried all of that already. Also tried different audio id's still no sound.

Just went to a back up from right after we clover-6 switch. Youtube working fine. It is the audio patching that messed that up. That's good!

Just went to a back up from right after we clover-6 switch. Youtube working fine. It is the audio patching that messed that up. That's good!
OK . Great . You can now mark the title of your post [SOLVED].

And start a new one for the audio?

Please don't get fed up with me I need your help lol. I still have no audio. the patch didn't work. It just messed up youtube video playback and gave me devices in audio that did not work. I had Sierra on this machine before and it worked fine. IDK why hs is being so different.

And start a new one for the audio?
As post install Audio problem.
  • I am surprised that you could not get sound despite having the needed kexts as shown in your System Report>Hardware>Audio.
  • Your System preferences does not show any errors like "No Audio Device".
    • Instead of "Line Out", you have to choose "Internal Speakers" in System Preferences >"Output" .
    • You should have a property connected and Powered Speaker. The audio cable jack must be firmly and securely connected to Audio Port (green ) or USB speaker connected to USB port.
    • If the Monitor has a Sound port and audio Cable that can be used to connect to the Audio port to get sound.
  • I have no idea how your Sound Out Put and Input Device are Setup.
    • If you can play the Sound effects and hear them , your sound output is OK.
    • If you have a microphone and you can see "blocks moving" while speaking into it, the Input is OK.
  • If you cannot then hear anything from YouTube, the problem is not with your Computer Audio setup.
  • I am all done with this troubleshoot.

As post install Audio problem.
  • I am surprised that you could not get sound despite having the needed kexts as shown in your System Report>Hardware>Audio.
  • Your System preferences does not show any errors like "No Audio Device".
    • Instead of "Line Out", you have to choose "Internal Speakers" in System Preferences >"Output" .
    • You should have a property connected and Powered Speaker. The audio cable jack must be firmly and securely connected to Audio Port (green ) or USB speaker connected to USB port.
    • If the Monitor has a Sound port and audio Cable that can be used to connect to the Audio port to get sound.
  • I have no idea how your Sound Out Put and Input Device are Setup.
    • If you can play the Sound effects and hear them , your sound output is OK.
    • If you have a microphone and you can see "blocks moving" while speaking into it, the Input is OK.
  • If you cannot then hear anything from YouTube, the problem is not with your Computer Audio setup.
  • I am all done with this troubleshoot.

Alright i feel ya. You have helped me a ton. Ya i obviously tried all of that. Its not a cord/speaker issue. I know how u feel trust me. Hey man i GREATLY appreciate your help. I will solve this one out and find help elsewhere. Thank you VERY much.

I have been playing around and after many many reclonings and failures I finally have both the audio and video working. Attached is the following procedure. I had to remove all ALC instances everywhere. Open multibeast, install 100/200/300 Series Audio support. Restart. Then install ALC1220. Restart. Then Install 200/300 Series/X299 Audio Device ID Patch. Restart. If you don't install the audio device ID Patch the audio doesn't work and either does any video. I am so close I can taste it now but I'm still having a stuttering/laggy experience that wasn't there before the audio install. Hmmmm.

Attachments

• CLOVER-Audio working.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
Holy cow! I got it to stop lagging with this post... I just finished crying, i've wiped away my tears and I finally have audio, video, no lagging. Thank you Jesus, cmn699 and benjamin dobel. You are all saints. If I could do something for you I would. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now I'm crying again... but they're happy tears.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/
Congrats for a job well done:clap:.
Thank you for contributing to this Forum, data from your troubleshoot, that would help others searching for solutions to the issues you had with your hardware for a successful High Sierra installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back