Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra Graphics Issue | z270x-Gaming 5 | GTX 1060 SSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be waiting in anticipation lol ;) Thanks man. Ive been doing some reading maybe it's FakePCIID.kext? Once this audio problem gets resolved do you foresee any issues cloning this ssd to an m.2 ssd? I downloaded the new version of clonezilla and cloned to another sata ssd no problem. I think the issue from before was the version of clonezilla i had didn't support the new apple file system. Anyways just wondering if you think this system should be able to boot nvme the way it is now.

Last edited:
I will be waiting in anticipation lol ;) Thanks man. Ive been doing some reading maybe it's FakePCIID.kext? Once this audio problem gets resolved do you foresee any issues cloning this ssd to an m.2 ssd? I downloaded the new version of clonezilla and cloned to another sata ssd no problem. I think the issue from before was the version of clonezilla i had didn't support the new apple file system. Anyways just wondering if you think this system should be able to boot nvme the way it is now.

• Download and Run version 1.5 of DPCIManager
  • Make a screen Capture image after Status tab is clicked and highlighted.
  • Upload DPCIManager Status Screen image

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 2.14.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 2.14.17 PM.png
    398.5 KB · Views: 98
Here you Go!

• Download Toleda CloverALC-130.command. zip

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/raw/master/audio_cloverALC-130.command.zip

• Save the extracted command to a location like Desktop to easily drag and drop when needed on to the ***Terminal
  • Mount the EFI Partition from your macOS High Siera System disk using EFI Mounter v3 or CCV
  • Launch the Terminal
  • ****Drag and drop CloverALC-130.command on to the Terminal window and Press ENTER
  • Type Password at the prompt to start the command
  • Watch the screen
  • It should list your Realtek ALC to accept when correct
  • Keep selecting Y or yes to a series of prompts and ENTER to accept when appropriate (mostly it will be the right choice but still read before Y>ENTER)
  • Wait till the command runs successfully and prompt you to Save the output for your record if you want and then
  • Reboot the computer to check both System Report>Hardware>Audio (Screen shot) and
  • System Preferences Sound (input and Output) and
  • select your Output device (Internal Speakers?) and
  • Test playing Sound Effects and listening from your connected speaker/Headphone
  • Make sure to change volume slider to your hearing level and
  • Check [√]“Show Volume in Menu bar” if you want it on top Bar Right side.

Ok I ran the script. Here is the terminal output and the SS of Audio. Audio a no go. Maybe I should have selected 2 instead of 1? I went to youtube to try a video and it loads the first screen of the video but doesn't play it. Not sure if that was doing that from before or If that was caused by this patch cause it's trying to do something with the audio. Should I rerun and select audio id 2?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.39.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.39.46 PM.png
    599.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.44.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.44.01 PM.png
    905.9 KB · Views: 87
Ok I ran the script. Here is the terminal output and the SS of Audio. Audio a no go. Maybe I should have selected 2 instead of 1? I went to youtube to try a video and it loads the first screen of the video but doesn't play it. Not sure if that was doing that from before or If that was caused by this patch cause it's trying to do something with the audio. Should I rerun and select audio id 2?
  • According to your upload The audio is installed.(compare with earlier Hardware> Audio Screen shot)
Please Upload System Preferences> Sound screen shots of all 3 tabs,[ See my previous post about this ]

• According to your upload The audio is installed.(compare with earlier Hardware> Audio Screen shot)
Please Upload System Preferences> Sound screen shots of all 3 tabs,[ See my previous post about this ]
Sorry about that... here's the screens. Ya I've tried just about everything to get the sound to work. nothing. The thing that gets me is the youtube thing though and since the script now the gpu is black screening me. Uggghhh. So weird!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.52 PM.png
    218.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.48 PM.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.47.44 PM.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 52
Sorry about that... here's the screens. Ya I've tried just about everything to get the sound to work. nothing. The thing that gets me is the youtube thing though and since the script now the gpu is black screening me. Uggghhh. So weird!
Check the upload and follow the annotated steps to get sound
TOLEDA's Command ALWAYS wins!:)

Attachments

• Sound output device.png
    Sound output device.png
    97 KB · Views: 58
  • Your Sound is Fixed.
  • Use "Internal Speakers" as Output Device

Attachments

• Use Internal Speakers as Output Device.png
    Use Internal Speakers as Output Device.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back