CPU
i7 4800MQ
Graphics
HD 4600 K2100M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately I cannot get battery status support, as soon as I unplug the laptop it stops working independent from actual battery status. "Current battery charge" is always zero. I have tried all suggestions of Rehabman w/o any success. Is there a way to make OSX believe that there is sufficient battery charge, some fake battery status so to say? Thanks for help!

Unfortunately I cannot get battery status support, as soon as I unplug the laptop it stops working independent from actual battery status. "Current battery charge" is always zero. I have tried all suggestions of Rehabman w/o any success. Is there a way to make OSX believe that there is sufficient battery charge, some fake battery status so to say? Thanks for help!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

try an EC reset. after installing OS X 10.13.1 I had no battery indicator in the menu bar and on the energy saver prefs screen it showed 0% charge. after an EC reset all is normal.

try an EC reset. after installing OS X 10.13.1 I had no battery indicator in the menu bar and on the energy saver prefs screen it showed 0% charge. after an EC reset all is normal.
Thanks for this suggestion. Which kext are You using for battery, the original or RehabMans ACPIBatteryManager?

... alas - it didn´t work with me!

Last edited:
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I have no chance to edit my DSDT, because it appears tp be a mess. I have no ideas how to get rid of all those errors. Tried my best eliminating but got only more errors. What to do?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    141.5 KB · Views: 333
  • DSDT.aml
    141.5 KB · Views: 466
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Thanks a lot - I used an outdated Maciasl from soundforge...
Anyway I just dont get along, my programming skills are too poor. So, is there any chance to inhibit my machine from shutting down as soon as I pull the AC plug?

Thanks a lot - I used an outdated Maciasl from soundforge...
Anyway I just dont get along, my programming skills are too poor. So, is there any chance to inhibit my machine from shutting down as soon as I pull the AC plug?

Also, you must describe the problem clearly and in detail.

Also, you must describe the problem clearly and in detail.
Merry Xmas! No files to be attached, trouble is the DSDT which I attached already. Problem is as follows: I have luckily installed High Sierra on my HP Elitebook 8470p, and most of the features are running smoothly, like Wifi, Bluetooth, sound (sometimes), second monitor and so on. Only when I unplug AC the machine shuts down immediately. Before I had tried El Capitan which didnt behave that way, but would not run bluetooth. My objective is a fake Macbook which I can use independantly from power supply. If there would be no battery status reading I would not care.
Some background information: I am an almost 73 year old German who is trying to help a friend. He is a professional photographer with a high sense for outstanding pictures, but completely lacking any insight and understanding of IT techniques. However he feels comitted to work on Mac (Windows wouldnt be any better) and I simply cannot afford a Mac. Thats why I want my old laptop to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back