Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I've had my hackintosh for about a year and haven't really had any issues until now, so my experience with troubleshooting is definitely a bit limited. I downloaded Waves NX which is a program that makes any pair of headphones 3D Audio ready. After installing it, I had issues with playback on youtube videos and music streams through chrome, so I uninstalled the application. After uninstalling, my system can't get past the Apple logo loading screen. In clover I've tried running in safe mode, debug kexts, and verbose, but I can't seem to find anything holding up the boot. It just seems to get to the end of the loading bar and give up, while before it'd get about halfway, switch to my graphics card and boot. Anyone have any ideas of what might be going on? I am able to open up my config through my Windows drive if that's of any help. Thanks in advance!

I solved the issue, but I'll post my process here for anyone who gets into a similar situation and needs help. It turns out something with my boot caches corrupted. To find the caches go to:

private/var/db

In the "db" folder you'll see a "BootCaches" folder, BootCache.playlist, and BootCache.data. I had a previous backup of my drive on an external HD (back when MacOS could actually boot), so I went in and found the old versions of the boot cache folder and files there. Then all I did was delete the folder and files on the drive that wouldn't boot the OS and replaced them with the ones from the backup drive.

I'm sure there may have been files I didn't need to replace, but I just wanted to cover all of my bases since I'm a bit new to troubleshooting Hackintosh at this level. I also ended up replacing everything in the "etc." folder the same way because there seemed to be a line referencing a missing file there when I tried to boot in verbose. So if you're in a similar situation and replacing the boot caches folder and files doesn't work, try replacing the "etc." folder contents as well.

Like I said I'm pretty new to a lot of this so there may be an easier way to go about this process. If anyone knows a way to streamline this I'd love to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back