Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Booting from a Clover USB: installed El Capitan over my previously functioning Chimera / Yosemite hard drive. BIOS remains unchanged from my previous successful install.

My El Capitan Install USB functions fine. However when booting from my OSX drive post-install, I encounter a reboot loop.

It appears to happen in pretty much the same place, regardless of my config: as pictured below. *NOTE* I have been entering the boot flags manually, so this is just the default Clover config I see after a fresh reboot.

I followed the Clover USB guide, copied FakeSMC.kext into both the 10.10 and 10.11 folders in the EFI partition. Tried various USB ports, as well as various combinations of cpus=1, -x, NVIDIA injection, checking off Generate C states and P states.

Gigabyte z97-ud3h-bk
i7-4790k
NVIDIA Geforce-740 GDDR5 Superclocked
24gb of Crucial memory

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 159
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

My El Capitan Install USB functions fine. However when booting from my OSX drive post-install, I encounter a reboot loop.

You might try replacing the entire /EFI folder on the EFI partition of your hard drive with the one from the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

You might try replacing the entire /EFI folder on the EFI partition of your hard drive with the one from the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

Any recommendations on how to do that? I assume I have to get in there through the install USB terminal?

Any recommendations on how to do that? I assume I have to get in there through the install USB terminal?

Boot from your USB then select your hard drive from the boot loader screen.
At the desktop mount the EFI partition of your hard drive and delete the /EFI folder.
Mount the EFI partition of your USB flash drive and copy the /EFI folder to the EFI partition of your hard drive.

I can't get to my desktop when I boot via USB: I can only reach the El Capitan Installer (which is on the same USB stick as Clover. When I select my hard drive I end up in the reboot loop.

I was only able to boot up Yosemite from this Clover USB. I thought I had set it up so that I could upgrade to El Capitan and then install Clover to the hard drive, but apparently it doesn't work like that.

I can't get to my desktop when I boot via USB: I can only reach the El Capitan Installer (which is on the same USB stick as Clover. When I select my hard drive I end up in the reboot loop.

I was only able to boot up Yosemite from this Clover USB. I thought I had set it up so that I could upgrade to El Capitan and then install Clover to the hard drive, but apparently it doesn't work like that.

I thought when you said
My El Capitan Install USB functions fine.
that you were able to boot ok with the USB.

No more ideas.

Reinstalled El Capitan from USB. The *installer* works, and appears to complete, however when booting from the hard drive, the panic now happens in a different spot:

with Safe mode, or with "ignore cache and injected kexts", it appears to be an issue with EvOreboot (is it 0 or O?)

Attachments

• IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back