Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] HD5870 black screen on boot (no signal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HD5870 black screen on boot (no signal)

karacho said:
You already have GraphicsEnabler=yes in your boot.plist, so it will always be read. You can override reading the configurationfile by typing -F at the bootscreen. Try -F PciRoot=1

If it's not working try -F GraphicsEnabler=no PciRoot=1
If it's not working at all, mix the Arguments with AtiConfig=xxxxx (for xxxxx try Vervet or Uakari) like desribed in my posts above

Thank you for all karacho.
Now i'm at work and in this evening I try the strings above.
I will post my result as soon as possible.

Many regards

uukk said:
karacho said:
You already have GraphicsEnabler=yes in your boot.plist, so it will always be read. You can override reading the configurationfile by typing -F at the bootscreen. Try -F PciRoot=1

If it's not working at all, mix the Arguments with AtiConfig=xxxxx (for xxxxx try Vervet or Uakari) like desribed in my posts above

Thank you for all karacho.
Now i'm at work and in this evening I try the strings above.
I will post my result as soon as possible.

Many regards
You're welcome...i hope one of the things above will solve your issue

Karacho, I'm in the same boat. Even identifying a resolution in com.apple.Boot with Graphics Mode doesn't work. Actually my install seems to almost ignore the variables in the com.apple.Boot file. Even with the Graphics mode set Chameleon doesn't startup in the modes that I tell it to. Same goes with the default boot partition. It ignores that statement as well. Not sure if it's a bug in the Chameleon Loader or not.

Only thing it seems to pickup is 64bit mode or not and Graphics Enabler.

FYI I'm running a reference ATI 5850 and Multibeast 3.2 with Experimental Loader.

poverty said:
Karacho, I'm in the same boat. Even identifying a resolution in com.apple.Boot with Graphics Mode doesn't work. Actually my install seems to almost ignore the variables in the com.apple.Boot file. Even with the Graphics mode set Chameleon doesn't startup in the modes that I tell it to. Same goes with the default boot partition. It ignores that statement as well. Not sure if it's a bug in the Chameleon Loader or not.

Only thing it seems to pickup is 64bit mode or not and Graphics Enabler.

FYI I'm running a reference ATI 5850 and Multibeast 3.2 with Experimental Loader.
Hmm that sounds very strange at all. Normally that cards should work fine with the ATI chameleon from kabyl. Maybe a behavior on how you guys connected your cards to the Monitor? Which connections you use? DVI, VGA, HDMI?

EDIT: I find out that card hasn't a VGA connector, just HDMI, DVI + DP

karacho said:

Nope karacho, I have tested all the string but the result are the same.
I can boot only whit GraphicsEnabler=yes and AtiConfig=Uakari but the screen originally go black...
Can I set the right output connector (in my case DVI) via Chamelion string?

Same with me. Running dual link DVI to a 30" HP LCD 2560x1600 and tried a Dell 3007WFP as well. Tried either DVI port (again reference board) and different cables. Also tried switching the PCI Express slot with no avail.

poverty said:
Same with me. Running dual link DVI to a 30" HP LCD 2560x1600 and tried a Dell 3007WFP as well. Tried either DVI port (again reference board) and different cables. Also tried switching the PCI Express slot with no avail.
Have u read the wiki from the link i gave above? For your card the description is like follows:

uukk said:
karacho said:

Nope karacho, I have tested all the string but the result are the same.
I can boot only whit GraphicsEnabler=yes and AtiConfig=Uakari but the screen originally go black...
Can I set the right output connector (in my case DVI) via Chamelion string?
Have you testet all things from the wiki? I don't know if this would be helpful, but you can read this thread to configure the output-connector. It's described for an nVidia card, but the procedure is similar...perhaps a solution for you -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10922

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-18 um 16.56.45.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-18 um 16.56.45.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 199

karacho said:
Have you testet all things from the wiki? I don't know if this would be helpful, but you can read this thread to configure the output-connector. It's described for an nVidia card, but the procedure is similar...perhaps a solution for you -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10922

Thank you karacho for all the time spend with me, I have to do some test yet.
I use the display port connector and the monitor don't wake up before the logon.
I'm very curious because all the functionality of the graphic card are grate only the absence of video signal after the first logon.
I have read some guide and make a lot of reinstallation and for now the little bit still here.
I will read the new guides you have posted me before.

Many regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back