Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] HD5870 black screen on boot (no signal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 U1E
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
670GTX
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry for the double post:

I have just replace my damned GTX460 instead a Asus 5870
I have make a fresh install with the last iBoot version and after apply Multibeast 3.2 at the next reboot the screen go black (no video signal) just before the login.
After press the power button for sleep and press again the system wake up and the car is fully reconized.
After the boot the card seem work regulary and the sleep work well.
My system boot in 64bit mode.
Can anyone help me please?

thanks to vindoan in another post, the string:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1440x32</string>

add in my com.apple.Boot.plist finally solve my problem!
I have checked the highest resolution via the command ?video at Chameleon boot screen.

Re: HD5870 black screen on boot (no signal)

uukk said:
Sorry for the double post:

I have just replace my damned GTX460 instead a Asus 5870
I have make a fresh install with the last iBoot version and after apply Multibeast 3.2 at the next reboot the screen go black (no video signal) just before the login.
After press the power button for sleep and press again the system wake up and the car is fully reconized.
After the boot the card seem work regulary and the sleep work well.
My system boot in 64bit mode.
Can anyone help me please?
Did you installed the ATI Chameleon bootloader for your new GFX card? Pls update your profile :)

karacho said:
Did you installed the ATI Chameleon bootloader for your new GFX card? Pls update your profile :)

Yes I have installed the "Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 by Kabyl" inside the Multibeast 3.2

After the first black screen (no signal) I simply put to sleep my system thru the power button and after te next wake-up the monitor (Dell U2711 via DVI) work greit.
I can put to sleep and the monitor still work fine.
My Cinebench score are about 35 and either resolution and QE are good.
What I can resolve the first black screen on startup?

Many regards

uukk said:
karacho said:

Yes I have installed the "Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 by Kabyl" inside the Multibeast 3.2

After the first black screen (no signal) I simply put to sleep my system thru the power button and after te next wake-up the monitor (Dell U2711 via DVI) work greit.
I can put to sleep and the monitor still work fine.
My Cinebench score are about 35 and either resolution and QE are good.
What I can resolve the first black screen on startup?

Many regards
I don't know what's in your boot.plist...you can try to type GraphicsEnabler=yes on next reboot at chameleon bootscreen. If that not not works, reboot and type GraphicsEnabler=no

If that not works, type GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Uakari (or AtiConfig=Vervet when Uakari don't work) and at last try GraphicsEnabler=no AtiConfig=Uakari (or Vervet)

karacho said:
uukk said:
I don't know what's in your boot.plist...you can try to type GraphicsEnabler=yes on next reboot at chameleon bootscreen. If that not not works, reboot and type GraphicsEnabler=no

If that not works, type GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Uakari (or AtiConfig=Vervet when Uakari don't work) and at last try GraphicsEnabler=no AtiConfig=Uakari (or Vervet)

Thank you karacho.
Actually I use GraphicsEnabler=yes and only the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 by Kabyl, this is my boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

24490396.png

This morning I try your suggestion.

Many regards

uukk said:
Thank you karacho.
Actually I use GraphicsEnabler=yes and only the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r700 by Kabyl
This morning I try your suggestion.

Many regards
Have u tried the commands from my Post above? Do a backup from your boot.plist, so you can easily restore it. Then delete the GraphicsEnabler yes from the boot.plist and try out the commands on chameleon bootscreen. Notice which might work, so you can add them to your boot.plist later. Try also PciRoot=1

karacho said:
uukk said:
Have u tried the commands from my Post above? Do a backup from your boot.plist, so you can easily restore it. Then delete the GraphicsEnabler yes from the boot.plist and try out the commands on chameleon bootscreen. Notice which might work, so you can add them to your boot.plist later. Try also PciRoot=1

I have tested all the four solution but only the first work in the same "black screen" mode.
The other boot option still in Apple grey logo...
Didi you have other suggestion?

Many regards

uukk said:
karacho said:
uukk said:

I have tested all the four solution but only the first work in the same "black screen" mode.
The other boot option still in Apple grey logo...
Didi you have other suggestion?

Many regards
Did you tried PciRoot=1 also?

karacho said:

Yes I have tried yesterday but no success... (whit GraphicsEnable=yes)

uukk said:
karacho said:

Yes I have tried yesterday but no success... (whit GraphicsEnable=yes)
You already have GraphicsEnabler=yes in your boot.plist, so it will always be read. You can override reading the configurationfile by typing -F at the bootscreen. Try -F PciRoot=1

If it's not working try -F GraphicsEnabler=no PciRoot=1
If it's not working at all, mix the Arguments with AtiConfig=xxxxx (for xxxxx try Vervet or Uakari) like desribed in my posts above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back