Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh suddenly doesn‘t boot - plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that there's an option in Paragon NTFS that allows you to mount a drive as read-only. Could that have been selected on your drives? This option is not present on my main OS drive though.

Attachments

• Paragon NTFS.png
    Paragon NTFS.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
no, seems unlikely to me (uninstalled Paragon already)

Paragon, a friend said, does scramble Hackintosh drives only. same thing with bootcamp probably won‘t happen. Probably the version of the software matters - newer Versions/ certain versions are probably more prone to these errors

Last edited:
I have a question:

Can I make my hackintosh work again with these steps:

OPTION 1:
„It appears your file system is corrupt.
Boot in Single User Mode and run fsck_hfs -Rc -d /dev/diskXsX
Replace diskXsX with your Mac OS Sierra disk, for example disk0s2“

OPTION 2: (My idea)
Boot into Rescue disk from clover, open Disk utility. Clone my damaged MacOs main drive to an empty drive.

-> Will the error disappear?

thnx

Last edited:
I'd say go with OPTION 2. If you are able to load the OS using the USB installer, back everything up first and then run First Aid on the disk. No harm in trying at this point.

@Option 1: Didn‘t work

@Option 2: Something in the partition table or so has been damaged to a degree that It cannot „clone“ or restore the drive in Disk Utility.

The actual damage is more severe than I thought. Have found another backup from October (not very recent :/ )

Will try starting from the old backup and run Disk Warrior on my drives - and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back