Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Hackintosh suddenly doesn‘t boot - plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270
CPU
i7-7800K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there!

All of a sudden my Hackintosh cannot boot my main drive and backups (I can boot into 2nd Windows SSD though)

Something in my verbose mode screenshot reads:
Boot task failed: fsck-safe

(My main SSD‘s name is “macOS“ btw)

I also recently had a failling of harddrives (Red callsign - Before this it said: Cannot be repaired - read only) on 2 drives).

Some people say it‘s the fault of paragon ntfs?!?

I have a lot of backups but none of them work and yesterday everything“. seemed fine. Now i always boot to a black screen and it gets into a reboot loop.

I get this screen (-> see screenshot) and in something else i read people said it is probably because the file system is damaged.

Intresting fact: None of my backups boot, tried my daily, and my weekly backups, why is that?

It is really hard for me because i live on my hackintosh and so i am pretty worried right now. Please help me!

Attachments

• BBF44269-8CEA-45DB-8629-091DF40B4E6B.jpeg
    BBF44269-8CEA-45DB-8629-091DF40B4E6B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Hey there!

All of a sudden my Hackintosh cannot boot my main drive and backups (I can boot into 2nd Windows SSD though)

Something in my verbose mode screenshot reads:
Boot task failed: fsck-safe

I also recently had a failling of harddrives (Red callsign - Before this it said: Cannot be repaired - read only) on 2 drives).

Some people say it‘s the fault of paragon ntfs?!?

I have a lot of backups but none of them work and yesterday everything“. seemed fine. Now i always boot to a black screen and it gets into a reboot loop.

I get this screen (-> see screenshot) and in something else i read people said it is probably because the file system is damaged.

Intresting fact: None of my backups boot, tried my daily, and my weekly backups, why is that?

It is really hard for me because i live on my hackintosh and so i am pretty worried right now. Please help me!
paragon has been known to destroy mac partitions, avoid at all costs

best to clean install on a clean formatted hard drive

paragon has been known to destroy mac partitions, avoid at all costs

best to clean install on a clean formatted hard drive

A clean reinstall? really? Will take days i am afraid . This is really one of the last things I wanna do. Do I have to? Will I be able to migrate my data? - It worked fine previously with migration assistant, and having 3 backups total one shoud work.

-> Is High Sierry running and installing flawlessly? (running firewire card, etc also?)

A clean reinstall? really? Will take days i am afraid . This is really one of the last things I wanna do. Do I have to?

-> Is High Sierry running and installing flawlessly? (running firewire card, etc also?)
you can try booting with your usb installer and then diskutility and then try and run first aid on it

but if you have ruined your drive then a clean install may be the only way to get back to a working system

you can try booting with your usb installer and then diskutility and then try and run first aid on it

but if you have ruined your drive then a clean install may be the only way to get back to a working system

I can boot into my recovery drive and run disk utility there. Do you think disk utility might destroy more than it saves?
I was hesitant to use it on my main drive.

Last edited:
I can boot into safe mode and run disk utility there. Do you think disk utility might destroy more than it saves?
I was hesitant to use it on my main drive.
as long as you have backups then there shouldn't be too much of a worry

also best to unplug all mac drives, boot into windows, uninstall paragon

then try the repairs as mentioned

I uninstalled paragon.

Somebody mentioned Disk Warrior as a last shot to make bootable again. but maaan starting all my hackintosh from the start? That sucks. I don‘t have another mac right now and I don‘t even have a free hard drive. damn! Friggin‘ crabs!

Last edited:
What amazes me: why can‘t I even boot my backups?

Seems unplausible that paragon scrambled “everything“ all together so sudden.

Do you think that I can use migration assistent?

Do you think Disk Warrior might fix this?

I was on Sierra. Is high sierra already running well?

Last edited:
what i did before and what could be the reason:

->installed a thunderboltexII card in windows

->installed paragon

->after that i switched position of the SSDs. i made my MacOS drive the first drive on the mainboard by switching it with the WIN10 SSD.

-> removed Thunderbolt card, because i sold it (didn‘t need)

-> one week later then there came an error on one backup drive: red callsign, read only

->after two weeks there was the same error on three drives

->noticed yesterday that folders on my main SSD were empty, which 100% weren‘t. rebooted

->while rebooting (maybe before complete shutdown) my cat stepped on the off switch of my electricity thing

-> since then: Main SSD and both backup drives failed to boot.

I blame Paragon. But could be anything

Help! Anybody?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back