Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After several days tying to figure this one out, going through countless posts in the forum and trying many fixes, I cannot get my graphics card to boot in 10.10.4 and have to always use nv_disable=1

I have been using this Hack Flawlessly since Lion. And it also worked flawlessly until last week, when I was still in 10.10.3

The only thing that happened since it last worked is I was running windows 7 on a separate HDD and accidentally unplugged the computer. Then, after I tried booting back into windows I would get the black screen which basically tells me the graphics card is starting at the wrong resolution for my projector: Acer H5360

I can boot into my Lion HDD without any problems and without any bootflags. The graphics work perfectly and have no issues whatsoever. This tells me the graphics card is not dead. In yosemite however, I cannot boot unless I use the nv_disable=1 bootflag.

My System:
i7 870 2,93 GHz
Asus Rampage III Extreme
GTX 480
Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3 RAM

System definiton: Mac Pro (Early 2008)

my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

when I boot without the nv_disable=1 bootleg, the boot hangs after the IOBluetooth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GTX 480 10.10.4 can only boot using nv_disable=1

Thanks a lot P1LGRIM for your help, I really appreciate it.

I just removed the IGPEnabler key from my boot.plist and installed the nvidia drivers for 10.10.4 and the boot gets stuck at the same place:

Sound Assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581

Only able to boot using nv_disable=1

I was using yosemite for months without any additional nvidia drivers without a problem. I thought my card GTX480 did not need additional drivers.

Thanks a lot. Im sure its something very simple.. But I cant figure this one out.

My new boot.plist after driver install:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 156

Thanks a lot P1LGRIM for your help, I really appreciate it.

I just removed the IGPEnabler key from my boot.plist and installed the nvidia drivers for 10.10.4 and the boot gets stuck at the same place:

Sound Assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 581

Only able to boot using nv_disable=1

I was using yosemite for months without any additional nvidia drivers without a problem.

Thanks a lot. Im sure its something very simple.. But I cant figure this one out.

The 'Sound Assertion in AppleHDAEngine' is not unusual and not likely to have any bearing on your problem.

How are you connected to your monitor ?
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.

Ensure that VT-d is disabled in your BIOS or boot with dart=0.

Have you tried booting with nvda_drv=1 since installing the web drivers ?

VT-d is disabled in BIOS.

Using dart=0 gets me one line further in boot.

Also tried nvda_drv=1 as well as enabling the nvidia web drivers from the nvda logo on top of the screen. Installing the drivers added that flag to my boot.plist also.

Im using DVI connection for my projector Acer H5360, been using it for years without any issues up to about four or five days ago.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 143

VT-d is disabled in BIOS.

Using dart=0 gets me one line further in boot.

Also tried nvda_drv=1 as well as enabling the nvidia web drivers from the nvda logo on top of the screen. Installing the drivers added that flag to my boot.plist also.

Im using DVI connection for my projector Acer H5360, been using it for years without any issues up to about four or five days ago.

Thanks a lot for your help.

All I can think of for now is to try booting with PCIRootUID=1

after several more tries, incluiding PCIRootUID=1 (this is the first thing I tried actually) I had arrived at the conclusion that my GTX480 had seen better days and that it was probably time to get a new card. Decided to boot one last time before I opened up another computer I have with a GTX 290 for temporary use and... it booted!

Not sure what happened here, maybe the card had bad power connections and when unplugging it and plugging it again it finally started. Or maybe using the nvidia web drivers after the seventh boot the hackintosh gremlins decided it was time to boot and stop giving me a headache. Whatever it was, Im back in business.

Thank you so much P1LGRIM for your help. Its people like yourself that make this website such an awesome community!

Thank you!

Thank you so much P1LGRIM for your help.

You're welcome - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

just wanted to add for future reference that the problem was the graphics card. My GTX 480 is just too old and sometimes it fails, leading to random freezes and boots gettting stuck right after bluetooth.

Unplugging and plugging it solves it for some time, but only changing the card solved it permanently.

Solution: New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back