Contribute
Register

[Solved] GC-Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
same boat, let me know if you figure it out
I bit the bullet and ordered a Z370 Aorus Gaming 5, i7-8700k, and Alpine Ridge. I haven't had a chance to confirm full functionality, but I got my TB3 adapter yesterday and just had time to plug up my interface and fire up the computer a time or two. It connected to focusrite control, and I was able to select it in my sound I/O settings. I didn't have time to confirm that I had audio input or output, but the meters danced when I played a YouTube video.

Do you have to first install the driver in windows or has anyone been able to setup the thunderbolt card in iOS without doing anything in windows?

If my memory serves, I didn't do anything in windows before I had the Alpine Ridge working in OS X.

In my system report, OS X says there are no thunderbolt drivers loaded, but everything seems to be working fine. As is expected, it has not been hot swappable, but my Clarett and the 2 profire 2626 that I slave off of it are all usable.

In my system report, OS X says there are no thunderbolt drivers loaded, but everything seems to be working fine. As is expected, it has not been hot swappable, but my Clarett and the 2 profire 2626 that I slave off of it are all usable.

Can you share your bios and clover settings please? I have the same exact setup as you, also a focusrite clarett, but focusrite control is not detecting the interface in osx. Everything is working fine on my windows partition.

Im using F4 bios, Focusrite control 2.1.8 and High Sierra 10.13.2

Last edited:
Can you share your bios and clover settings please? I have the same exact setup as you, also a focusrite clarett, but focusrite control is not detecting the interface in osx. Everything is working fine on my windows partition.

Im using F4 bios, Focusrite control 2.1.8 and High Sierra 10.13.2
I just left home for the next couple weeks, but I'll gladly share when I get home.
Your interface is powered on before booting?
What TB converter are you using? The Mini DisplayPort connections on the Alpine Ridge are not TB 2

I just left home for the next couple weeks, but I'll gladly share when I get home.
Your interface is powered on before booting?
What TB converter are you using? The Mini DisplayPort connections on the Alpine Ridge are not TB 2

Interface is powered on before booting. I am using the Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. Interface is connected to TB3 #1 port.

Interface is powered on before booting. I am using the Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. Interface is connected to TB3 #1 port.
Hmmm. And it's functioning on your windows partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back