Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Upgraded from El Capitan and seems to have gone ok except no network and no audio. My first priority is to get networking working so I can look for a solution for the Audio. For the people with the same mono, what did you use for network driver?

Thanks.

Upgraded from El Capitan and seems to have gone ok except no network and no audio. My first priority is to get networking working so I can look for a solution for the Audio. For the people with the same mono, what did you use for network driver?

Thanks.
OK, that was too easy. Always find what you were looking for once you ask. I was using some other driver that seemed to work before. Once I copied in ALXEthernet.kext to the EFI partition, came up fine. Now onto audio as usual.

Thanks to the people that I found posts.

Thanks.
I've got the same issue but I can't solve.
I first tried to install the network via the supplied options for Atheros in Multibeast.I've tried a couple of those 3 in multibeast.
Then I've read this post and I tried to copy the file ALXEthernet.kext in System/Library/Extensions and in /Library/Extensions .
I've rebooted and I still don't have any ethernet.

Is there a precise procedure to fix this?
thanks

I would love to know as well.

Then I've read this post and I tried to copy the file ALXEthernet.kext in System/Library/Extensions and in /Library/Extensions. I've rebooted and I still don't have any ethernet.

Is there a precise procedure to fix this?

Remove ALXEthernet.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and/or /Library/Extensions
Download KextBeast 2.0.1

1. Place ALXEthernet.kext on your desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Thanks.
I have the same board and this is what I'm using;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 8.56.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 8.56.39 PM.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 578
The ALXEthernet.kext has a serious memory leak. meaning anytime I try to send any files bigger than 2-3 Mb over the ethernet the machines crashes bone hard and reboots. Tried the Atherose2200 before without luck. Gonna give it a go again. Are you sure you have used this driver under 10.11.6?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/atherose2200ethernet.322/

The ALXEthernet.kext has a serious memory leak. meaning anytime I try to send any files bigger than 2-3 Mb over the ethernet the machines crashes bone hard and reboots. Tried the Atherose2200 before without luck. Gonna give it a go again. Are you sure you have used this driver under 10.11.6?
Yeap, that's what i had before updating to 10.12.
No problems at all.

So what do you use under 10.12.x?

Edit: The Github page gives this info:

"
FAQ

• Could you add support for AR813x and AR815x? Sorry, no, because I used a different linux driver as the code base than Shailua which doesn't support these chips so that it would be too much work to add support for them."
So I guess you don't have the GA-Z77-DS3H board, but something different. Tried it again and can't get it to load, and the above info explains it. Wrong chip for this driver. Also, the kext is not signed, meaning lot of fiddling with SID.

Last edited:
So what do you use under 10.12.x?

Edit: The Github page gives this info:

"
FAQ

• Could you add support for AR813x and AR815x? Sorry, no, because I used a different linux driver as the code base than Shailua which doesn't support these chips so that it would be too much work to add support for them."
So I guess you don't have the GA-Z77-DS3H board, but something different. Tried it again and can't get it to load, and the above info explains it. Wrong chip for this driver. Also, the kext is not signed, meaning lot of fiddling with SID.
I do have a GA-Z77-DS3H. Its my other rig and the picture on my first post is from it.
Maybe you have a differen revision, upgraded board.
And yes im still using it with 10.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back