Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GA-X58A-UD3R - Snow Leopard Random Shutdowns ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-X58A-UD3R - Snow Leopard Random Shutdowns ...

ok. that would actually be the last part :). I have been told though that if there is a problem with the PSU it would be happening no matter what bios settings I have turned on. but anyhow if the CPU also doesn't work out I will change it anyway since amazon makes returns fairly easy.

What Wattage and brand did you have? ANTEC is my favorite and never had any problem, I am using right now their older 650w TruePower with my current system. I had bought the 1000w ANTEC for my test builds to make sure all was good from the start.

I have the Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850-Watt TX Series 80 Plus. I thought that was considered to be a good one. what do you think?

Should be fine... If it isn't defective right.

I'll keep you updated on what happens with the new CPU. If its still giving me problems I'll RMA the PSU right away. I hope I'll find the last piece of the puzzle soon :)

UPDATE: now I also have a new CPU installed and I am still having the same issues. the power supply really is the last thing I can change in this setup. after that I don't know. maybe order a different model board and refund this one? UD7 comes to mind ...

weirdmonkey2807 said:
UPDATE: now I also have a new CPU installed and I am still having the same issues. the power supply really is the last thing I can change in this setup. after that I don't know. maybe order a different model board and refund this one? UD7 comes to mind ...
The UD7 is a great board. I have been running mine with an i7-920 and 2 kits of Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D ram for almost a year now, and it has been very stable both in OS X and Win7.
See my build for other hardware.
Good luck if you decide on a new mobo!

If there is a Power Supply problem it is not always noticeable all the time. You can have NMI or Non Maskable Interrupt errors. But I have had bad UD3R boards so I would be suspicious of the board first. Hope you get a good one this time around...

UPDATE: replaced the UD3R motherboard with the UD7 and everything up and running smoothly. Just running a couple of benchmarks and stress tests and everything is stable. with enhanced halt and c7 state support turned on in the bios.

so turns out I must have gotten 2 bad UD3R motherboards in a row that seemed to have the exact same problem. might have been bent pins afterall who knows.

just glad that I am finally up and running. thanks to all of you for your help on this.

cheers! happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back