Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] GA-X58A-UD3R - Snow Leopard Random Shutdowns ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-X58A-UD3R - Snow Leopard Random Shutdowns ...

I am going to return both the motherboard and the RAM and see if a new batch of both fixes it. If that doesn't work out either I am going to switch to a different motherboard and ram.

I have a Corsair CMPSU-850TX PSU. should be plenty of juice for all this. Do you think the PSU could be defective too?

cheers

850 watt should be ok for 1 video card. I liked the Antec 1000 watt's style and quality, I am not sure of the build quality of Corsair Power. I have always bought Antec and never had probs. So if you do have problems after the new board the PS may be the next thing to look at replacing if you get good parts this time.

weirdmonkey2807 said:
I am going to return both the motherboard and the RAM and see if a new batch of both fixes it. If that doesn't work out either I am going to switch to a different motherboard and ram.

I have a Corsair CMPSU-850TX PSU. should be plenty of juice for all this. Do you think the PSU could be defective too?

cheers

MacMan went for the 750HX Corsair PSU:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029F ... cx86com-20

actually on this page he mentions the exact same one that I am using:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html

I only changed the RAM since I didn't read good things about the OCZ RAM modules and the graphics card because for my use I cannot use an ATI card (Da Vinci Resolve doesn't run with ATI cards). I am going to upgrade to a GTX 470 or 580 in the future once the system is up and running.

cheers

just wanted to let you guys know that I got a brand new motherboard and RAM from Amazon yesterday and I am still having the same issues ... not sure what to do anymore at this point.

When I have these settings disabled it at least runs well in Windows 7 64 bit:
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ..................... [Disabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support ...................... [Disabled]

I opened up a case with Gigabyte support as well to see if they have any clues on what might be wrong.

thanks for all your help.

best
markus

Attachments

• 4430s_062912.aml
    923.2 KB · Views: 85

I used Corsair CMX6GX3M3C1600C7 with no problems even with windows 7 and no changes to any BIOS other than HPET and Turbo 1600 states for memory...

thanks for the tip. So you left these settings that I am having issues with off? (C7 State support and C1E enhanced halt).

Because when I keep the optimized settings it is not an issue, its just an issue if I turn these settings on. Then I am getting the random shutdowns.

My C7 state is Disabled by choice but the C1E setting is Enabled.

I am now also getting a new replacement CPU. It's the last piece of hardware that I haven't changed out so far. If that doesn't help either I am not sure what to do anymore.

Have you checked your Power Supply yet? Some of the really good ones cost too much and there are good reasons why you pay more for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back