Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Hello everyone,

It's not my first build, but I can't find any solution about what happens. The first steps are ok :

- making the Unibeast USB drive is ok ;

- Bios settings are as usual for that kind of motherboard (SATA selection mode => AHCI / xHCI Mode => Auto / XHCI Hand-off => Enabled / EHCI Hand-Off => Enabled) ;
IMG_1056.jpg

- the boot from Unibeast USB drive is ok until the progress bar reaches its half. Then, several lines of text appear, and that state last a very few seconds, then the computer reboots.
IMG_1055.jpg

The configuration is very minimalistic : just a power supply, one SSD, one 4 GB RAM, and no graphic card. I tried to connect the monitor on HDMi port and DVI Port : same result.

I tried the Unibeast USB key Drive on my current Hackintosh, the one on my signature, it works fine.

Any idea about what is happening ?

Thank you a lot for your help !

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

It's not my first build, but I can't find any solution about what happens. The first steps are ok :

- making the Unibeast USB drive is ok ;

- Bios settings are as usual for that kind of motherboard (SATA selection mode => AHCI / xHCI Mode => Auto / XHCI Hand-off => Enabled / EHCI Hand-Off => Enabled) ;
View attachment 260761

- the boot from Unibeast USB drive is ok until the progress bar reaches its half. Then, several lines of text appear, and that state last a very few seconds, then the computer reboots.
View attachment 260762

The configuration is very minimalistic : just a power supply, one SSD, one 4 GB RAM, and no graphic card. I tried to connect the monitor on HDMi port and DVI Port : same result.

I tried the Unibeast USB key Drive on my current Hackintosh, the one on my signature, it works fine.

Any idea about what is happening ?

Thank you a lot for your help !
My impression and suggestions:
  • Your uploaded Verbose boot Screen Image shows KP from Intel Graphics .[See edited image]
  • In BIOS >Peripherals> init Display IGD better than Auto [See edited image]
  • In Clover Boot Manager Screen [after booting the USB Installer] go to "Options"
  • From "Options" go down to "Graphics Injector">
    • [√] InjectIntel
    • FakeID :0x01268086
    • Press Esc key
  • Boot Sierra USB Installer
  • Upload any problem screen image

Attachments

• BIOS _Init Display_ IGD better than Auto.png
    BIOS _Init Display_ IGD better than Auto.png
    802.8 KB · Views: 439
  • Kernel Panic _Intel Graphics.png
    Kernel Panic _Intel Graphics.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
Thank you for your answer ! Ok I dit that. The progress bar starts fast until its half and then goes slower and slower and when it's complete, the boot doesn't seem to go further. Nor more KP then - that's a progress - but no complete boot though.

Thank you for your answer ! Ok I dit that. The progress bar starts fast until its half and then goes slower and slower and when it's complete, the boot doesn't seem to go further. Nor more KP then - that's a progress - but no complete boot though.
  • Verbose boot and upload screen image until you have a problem -free boot.

No words can describe what you can see on a text based boot screen and the image uploaded can support/supplement your message.

Here is the screenshot in verbose mode :
Your screenshot shows an active Serial port (superIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Your screenshot shows an active Serial port (superIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.
You're right. I 've also just changed the setting, but the boot is still not successful.

IMG_1065.jpg

We can see several failures, but I'm not able to find a way to solve them.

Last edited:
We can see several failures, but I'm not able to find a way to solve them.
Which build is this ?
How is it connected to the monitor ?

Attach your config.plist.

Which build is this ?
How is it connected to the monitor ?

Attach your config.plist.

I have no config.plist because the trouble occurs when I want to boot from my Unibeast USB drive. But I admit things may seem confused because I previously tried to install my SSD with my current Hackintosh. That why it's named as "Macintosh HD" on the screenshot. But that screenshot was made on a boot from the Unibeast USB drive.

The monitor is connected in HDMI but the result is identical when plugged in the DVI port.

Here's another screenshot with the SSD freshly erased. Same issues than before.

IMG_1066.jpg

I have no config.plist because the trouble occurs when I want to boot from my Unibeast USB drive.
Of course you do, how else would Clover boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back